Do this because
Learn about the history of the Euro-Mediterranean world
Discover an architectural feat
Save time with skip-the-line access to the museum
What to expect
Discover this extraordinary place, world-renowned for its architecture that combines technical prowess and aesthetic power. The exhibitions present a wealth of culture and show the social, scientific and political history of the Euro-Mediterranean world from prehistory to the present day, combining fine arts, anthropology, history, archaeology, and contemporary art.
Discover the permanent exhibition "Le Grand Mezze", dedicated to the Mediterranean diet and takes you on the journey from "field to plate", from the colourful markets of the Mediterranean to multinational restaurant chains.
Don't miss the Jeff Koons temporary exhibition this year, running until October 18th 2021, where the Pinault private collection will be displayed.
Photo credit : © Mucem Photo Lisa Ricciotti - R. Ricciotti et R. Carta architectes | © Lisa Ricciotti | © Gabriel Popoff
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
Visitor numbers are limited to reduce crowds
The experience complies with government regulations
Social distancing is enforced
Areas frequented by visitors are regularly disinfected
Hand sanitizers are provided for staff and visitors
All gear/equipment is sanitized between use
Visitors are required to bring and wear masks
Guides and all other staff are required to wear masks
Visitors over 18 must show their ID and proof of one of the following: a full vaccination or first vaccination (this requirement varies depending on the country) received at least 15 days prior, recovery from a COVID-19 infection in the past 6 months, or a negative result from a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 48 hours before the experience starts. This may also apply to those aged 12 and above
What's not included
MuCEM, 1 Espl. J4, 13002 Marseille, France
MuCEM – Museum of Civilizations of Europe and the Mediterranean. You will go directly to the entrance of the museum without having to go to the ticket office to swap the voucher for a ticket.
- The Mucem is open every day except Tuesdays
- May 19 to July 5: 10.00am to 7.00pm
- July 7 to August 30: 10.00am to 8.00pm
- Ticket booths close 45 minutes before
- The exhibition rooms close 15 minutes before
- The J4-Fort Saint-Jean footbridge 30 minutes before
- The museum is closed on May 1st and December 25th
MUCEM - ETS MUSEE DES CIVILISATIONS DE
Important to know
- Visit the Mucem guided by your smartphone: free audio tours of exhibitions and outdoor spaces
- Your entrance ticket is valid until May 5th 2022
- You will find 3 restaurants on-site for as many gourmet breaks in an exceptional setting (daily except Tuesday and Sunday evening)
- Free admission every first Sunday of the month and during the European Heritage Days ( September 21st and 22nd)