Get into the culture of Strasbourg with this walking food tour in the characteristic streets of the old town! You'll stop in 4 restaurants/bars and taste some of the best specialties of the territory.
Below, a list of possible tastings:
- Tarte flambée – You will taste tarte flambée, or Flammekueche, a traditional Alsatian recipe. It is a fine pastry base garnished with sour cream, onions, bacon and then baked.
- Choucroute – The iconic dish of Strasbourg cuisine; it is made of sauerkraut, fermented cabbage, usually accompanied by boiled potatoes, meat and sausages.
- Alsatian Cheeses - Among Alsatian cheeses you can taste Munster or Bibeleskas, a preparation made of white cheese, garlic, chives and parsley, served with both boiled and fried potatoes.
- Spaetzle – Among regional first courses, you'll have the opportunity to enjoy this dish in a traditional way, au gratin or as a side dish.
- Pain d'épice - Flavored with honey and spices, this cake will enchant you with its scent even before its taste. It is mostly eaten at Christmas.
- Kougelhopf – This yeast doughnut baked in a distinctive mold is a common dessert in Alsace, also served for breakfast or savory as an appetizer.