Do this because
Visit the diverse Noailles district and its market located at the heart of Marseille
Learn trivia about french national anthem and see the location of the first movie theater in history
Stroll along the Cours Julien known for its creative minds and craftsmen
What to expect
Visit the exotic Noailles district and its market located in the heart of Marseille. Discover the origin of the world's most famous national anthem and see where the first movie theater in history was located. Visit 200 year old stores and stroll among the colorful and lively market and its oriental spice stores.
Your guide, a young anthropologist who lives in the neighborhood, will tell you all about struggle of the neighborhood residents against gentrification, substandard housing and fear of being evicted from their homes. Then, you're headed on a tour of the famous district Cours Julien, famous for its street art, creative minds and craftsmen.
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
Visitor numbers are limited to reduce crowds
The experience complies with government regulations
Social distancing is enforced
Areas frequented by visitors are regularly disinfected
Hand sanitizers are provided for staff and visitors
All gear/equipment is sanitized between use
Visitors are required to bring and wear masks
Guides and all other staff are required to wear masks
Visitors over 18 must show their ID and proof of one of the following: a full vaccination or first vaccination (this requirement varies depending on the country) received at least 15 days prior, recovery from a COVID-19 infection in the past 6 months, or a negative result from a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 48 hours before the experience starts. This may also apply to those aged 12 and above
If you don't choose the tour with pickup option, meet your guide in the heart of Noailles. Please contact your tour operator after booking to confirm your preferred pickup location and time with the contact information on your voucher.
- Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 7 days before the activity begins., Receive a 50% refund if you cancel up to 48 hours before the activity begins.
Important to know
- The meeting point is easily accessible via public transportation
- Not accessible to people with reduced mobility
- This experience requires good weather conditions: if it's cancelled due to poor weather, you will be offered an alternative date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers: if the number is not reached, you will be offered an alternative date or a full refund
- Please wear comfortable shoes
- Bring a bottle of water
- Bring sunscreen and hat/cap depending on the weather
- Participants must be aged 12 and over