Do this because
Step out into the mesmerizing West Highland Lochs
Explore the Scottish wiilderness in one day with experts local guides
Hop on a bus and discover Loch Lomond and Loch Awe
What to expect
Have you ever wanted to visit the famous Scottish Highlands? This one day tour from Edinburgh takes you to some of the most beautiful sites of the Western Highlands including Loch Lomond, Loch Awe, Kilchum Castle, Stirling Castle and Doune Castle. As you leave Edinburgh, you'll head west, passing the historic and imposing Stirling Castle, high on its volcanic rock and going on to Doune Castle (you might know it from the famous movie ‘Monty Python and the Holy Grail’). From there, you will start your journey into the Highlands, past the lovely Loch Lubnaig and up through impressive Glen Ogle, to one of the most photographed castles in Scotland, Kilchurn Castle. Then it’s on to Inveraray, a charming little town built in the mid-18th century, on the shore of Loch Fyne. You'll explore the town and pick up some Highland souvenirs, or pay an optional visit to Inveraray Castle (April to October only).
By then, your journey will be almost over, but the road back to Edinburgh is absolutely gorgeous! You'll drive over the Arrochar Alps, a beautiful range of mountains with a brief pause near the top of the 'Rest and Be Thankful Pass'. One thing is for sure, you'll definitely be thankful for this trip.
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
Visitor numbers are limited to reduce crowds
The experience complies with government regulations
Social distancing is enforced
Areas frequented by visitors are regularly disinfected
Hand sanitizers are provided for staff and visitors
All gear/equipment is sanitized between use
Knowledgeable driver guide
Luxury modern air-conditioned coach
What's not included
Entrance to attractions such as Inverary Castle (April to October, alternatives offered in the other months) and Doune Castle
Food and drinks
521-523 Lawnmarket, Edinburgh, EH1 2PE
Please meet your guide outside the green Ensign Ewart pub.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the activity begins.
Important to know
- Digital translations of the tours are available in English, Spanish, Portuguese, German, French, Russian, Italian and Chinese
- Only foldable wheelchairs can be accomodated on this tour. If you are bringing wheelchair, please notify the tour operator before departure via the contact number on your voucher
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes prior to the start of the tour
- Children under 4 years old cannot participate in this tour
- Please bring warm and/or waterproof clothing, wear comfortable walking shoes and take sun-block or a hat for sunny days