Do this because
Experience 800 years of Dutch art in 80 galleries
Admire works by Rembrandt, Vermeer, Frans Hals and more
See the regularly changing costume exhibitions
What to expect
Dedicated to Dutch art and history, this amazing museum tells the story of 800 years of art in a sequence of 80 galleries.
See the work of Jan Steen, Frans Hals, Jacob van Ruisdael, Johannes Vermeer, Rembrandt and Rembrandt's pupils. Rembrandt’s painting The Night Watch is considered so important that the building was designed around it in 1885.
As well as paintings, you can enjoy a collection of Asian arts and special collections of miniature silverwork, musical instruments, patriotic relics, fashion, glass, porcelain, an impressive armory and a large number of ship models.
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
Visitor numbers are limited to reduce crowds
The experience complies with government regulations
Proof of vaccination or negative COVID test may be required, please confirm the local requirements before your visit
Admission to the Rijksmuseum
Museumstraat 1, 1071 XX Amsterdam, Netherlands
Enter the museum at your chosen time slot - valid for up to 15 minutes from the starting time written on your ticket. After entering the museum you can stay as long as you like - until the museums closing
Important to know
- Use your voucher to enter the museum for up to 15 minutes from the starting time written on your ticket
- After entering the museum (within the 15-minute timeslot on your ticket) you are welcome to stay in the museum as long as you like - until the museums closing
- Please note: your booked time slot ticket is only valid for entrance to the main building
- Entrance to temporary exhibitions are free - but guests must select a second time slot to enter the temporary exhibition room
- Details on how to book a temporary exhibition time slot can be found on your voucher after booking
- While children are free they but must still reserve a ticket with time slot entry (at no cost)
- By purchasing a ticket to the Rijksmuseum you are declaring that you (and any companions) have no cold-like symptoms such as nasal congestion, a runny nose, sore throat, light cough, fever (up to and above 38°C) and/or shortness of breath