Do this because
Admire the biggest and most magnificent castle of the Loire Valley
See the Da Vinci designed masterpiece in all of its glory
Save time with your skip-the-line ticket
What to expect
More than a castle, Château de Chambord is a work of art, a glorious historical place that will take you to the heart of the Loire Valley. It's a beautiful blend of Renaissance French architecture and traditional medieval styles!
Built in 1519 by king Francis I as a hunting lodge for the royal court, the castle is situated in a huge walled 10000-acre large forest and is probably the most spectacular castle in the Loire Valley. Even though never completed, Chambord developed into the largest chateau in the Loire Valley with over 400 rooms, near 300 fireplaces, and 85 staircases, including, of course, the impressive double helix.
Chambord is a jewel of architecture and nature, born from the dream of Françoise I and inspired by Leonardo da Vinci. During your visit, you will be immersed in a unique and magical atmosphere. To end on a high note your visit, do not forget to climb to the rooftop and you will be rewarded with breathtaking views over the surrounding Loire Valley landscape.
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
Visitor numbers are limited to reduce crowds
The experience complies with government regulations
Social distancing is enforced
Areas frequented by visitors are regularly disinfected
Hand sanitizers are provided for staff and visitors
All gear/equipment is sanitized between use
Visitors are required to bring and wear masks
Guides and all other staff are required to wear masks
Visitors over 18 must show their ID and proof of one of the following: a full vaccination or first vaccination (this requirement varies depending on the country) received at least 15 days prior, recovery from a COVID-19 infection in the past 6 months, or a negative result from a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 48 hours before the experience starts. This may also apply to those aged 12 and above
Entrance to the garden and the castle
What's not included
Château de Chambord, Château, 41250 Chambord
Present your ticket at Chateau de Chambord entrance.
- The castle is open all year round except on January 1, on November 30 and December 25
- Castle opening hours:
- From 2 January to 27 March: 9.00am to 5.00pm
- From 26 October to 30 December: 9.00am to 5.00pm
- From 28 March to 25 October 25th: 9.00am to 6.00pm
- The castle closes at 4.00pm on 24 and 31 December
- Your last entry is 30 minutes before closing time
Domaine national de Chambord
Important to know
- Free access to the park all year round
- The French formal gardens close 30 minutes before the castle closes
- The last entry to the castle is 30 minutes before closing time
- Free admission for EU citizens under 26 years old, children under 18 years old (entrance ticket will be given at the ticket check), and EU and French teachers between the age of 18-26 years holding a valid education pass/people with disabilities + accompanying person