Do this because
Come face to face with Girl with the Pearl Earring and The Goldfinch
Discover the best Dutch paintings by Vermeer and Rembrandt in the Mauritshuis
Explore the collection with an exciting free multimedia tour
What to expect
The Mauritshuis is home to the best of Dutch paintings of the 17th-century from the age of Rembrandt and Vermeer. Situated in the heart of The Hague, the compact and world-renowned collection includes masterpieces such as Vermeer's Girl with the Pearl Earring, The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp by Rembrandt, The Goldfinch by Fabritius and The Bull by Potter.
See more than two hundred pieces by Dutch and Flemish masters on display in the intimate exhibition rooms with silk wall coverings, sparkling chandeliers and monumental painted ceilings.
Download the Mauritshuis multimedia tour to your smartphone to hear about the paintings in the museum. The most important works of art also feature exciting photos and films. You can choose between a short tour along with the highlights, dive deeper into the seventeenth century, or choose to seek out your favorite paintings yourself. For younger visitors, there is a special tour, with amusing questions, interesting films and a surprising climax..
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
The experience complies with government regulations
Areas frequented by visitors are regularly disinfected
Hand sanitizers are provided for staff and visitors
Tickets can only be purchased online
Mauritshuis entrance ticket
Entrance to temporary exhibitions
Mauritshuis Multimedia tour free download for your smartphone
What's not included
Mauritshuis Multimedia tour via rental device (€3.50)
Earbuds to listen to the multimedia tour
Plein 29, 2511 CS Den Haag, Netherlands
Important to know
- Museum operates on timeslot entry. Tickets must be used a maximum 15 minutes after the start time stated on your ticket. Following your entrance, you can stay as long as you want
- Your e-ticket allows you to bypass the cash desk. However, these admission tickets do not grant you priority at possible queues outside and in front of the exhibition room
- For children (age 0-17) entrance tickets are free of charge, but it is mandatory to reserve a ticket
- By entering Mauritshuis, you (the customer) accepts all the terms and conditions of the museum
- A multimedia tour of the collection is included in the admission fee. To make use of the multimedia tour you have two options:
- Download the tour onto your own device (smartphone or tablet) or rent a device at the museum cash desk for (€3.50)
- NOTE: due to the coronavirus it is temporarily not possible to rent a device
- The Mauritshuis Multimedia Full tour is available in Dutch and English
- The Mauritshuis Multimedia Highlights tour is available in Dutch, English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin, Russian and Brazilian Portuguese
- Don’t forget to bring your own earbuds to listen to the tour
- The museum is wheelchair accessible, however, the wheelchair can’t be longer than 150cm or wider than 78 cm