Do this because
Admire a unique collection of more than 275 cars
Relax at the on-site restaurant with a cup of coffee, delicious lunch or cocktail reception
Reach the museum with direct public bus connection from The Hague Central Station (8 minutes)
Use the parking garage with 170 spaces and free bus parking
What to expect
Step into the history of human progress with your entrance ticket to The Louwman Museum in The Hague. This museum houses a unique collection of more than 250 highlights of automotive history. Taking you for a spin, so to speak, through more than 130 years of human progress, innovation, and design.
In addition to showing how automotive transport has evolved over the years, admire a one-of-a-kind collection of rare automobiles and memorabilia that also allows visitors to discover the advances in technology, design trends, growing wealth and changing social trends which emerged during this time. Explore everything from the first-ever electric vehicle (built more than a century ago!) to some of the twentieth century’s most stunning automotive designs.
The Louwman Museum offers numerous attractions to guests to complement its vast collection of automobiles. These ancillary collections of vehicle-themed art, miniature models, posters, trophies, and even airplanes are all well worth a look.
You will find the full collection housed in the Michael Graves-designed main museum building, which is located in a lush section of The Hague renowned for its grand estates. Covering an area of 16,000 square meters divided across three floors, the Louwman Museum is nothing if not versatile and can be used for an infinite variety of purposes. The garden landscape (designed by noted landscape architect Lodewijk Baljon) is beautifully integrated with the Haagse Bos, a protected wooded area within the city.
Make your visit to the Louwman Museum even more enjoyable with a free audio tour. Listen to the story behind each car and how it contributed to history.
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
Visitor numbers are limited to reduce crowds
The experience complies with government regulations
Proof of vaccination or negative COVID test may be required, please confirm the local requirements before your visit
Brochure for the Louwman Museum and exhibitions
Free puzzle tour for children
Leidsestraatweg 57, 2594 BB Den Haag, Netherlands
Show your ticket(s) when entering the attraction at your booked time-slot.
Important to know
- Payments for items purchased in the shop, or drinks can ONLY be done by debit card. Note that cash will NOT be accepted
- Pick up a free puzzle tour for children available at the reception
- Make your visit to the Louwman Museum even more enjoyable with a free audio tour. Listen to the story behind each car and how it contributed to make history
- The Louwman Historic Telescope exhibition is open every FIRST Friday of the month from 10.00am to 5.00pm
- Parking is available at the museum for €7.00 per car per day
- Note exhibitions are also included in the entrance fee (see the museums website for the current Exhibitions and dates)
- The Louwman Museum opening hours:
- Tuesdays to Sundays from 10.00am to 5.00pm
- Museum is closed on Mondays
- During public holidays and school vacation (extra) opening hours may apply