Do this because
Visit France’s most mesmerizing sight, the abbey-capped island
Marvel at the spectacle of the tide variations in the surrounding bay on a more exclusive visit
Sit back and relax with round-trip transportation by private coach from Paris
Take the chance to tour Mont Saint Michel while it is less crowded
What to expect
In the early morning, depart from Paris to reach the magical abbey-crowned island of Mont Saint-Michel, one of the most iconic sights in all of France. This fabulous tour of Mont Saint-Michel offers a hassle-free way to explore the island during a day trip from Paris with plenty of free time ensuring you don’t have to adhere to a rigid sightseeing schedule.
Your knowledgeable guide will provide some background information on the awe-inspiring UNESCO-listed island: you'll listen to interesting anecdotes about the history of this abbey, the island, and the surrounding region of Normandy, whose stunning scenery should be visible through the windows of the bus.
Upon arrival on the island, your guide will show you around during an orientation tour that will make sure you get to see all the most important attractions, leaving you outside the most famous of them all, the hilltop Abbey of Mont Saint-Michel. You'll then have a few hours to explore by yourself; you might want to soak up the splendor of the abbey interior with an audio guide tour or simply stroll the wonderfully picturesque streets in search of the perfect photo opportunity.
Lunch at your leisure in a wooden rafter-adorned dining room serving rustic meat-focused fare or a sophisticated restaurant with bay-view terraces where seafood from the surrounding waters takes center stage. Your guide can recommend restaurants to quell your cravings and match your budget. In the late afternoon, get back on the bus for the return journey to Paris.
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
Visitor numbers are limited to reduce crowds
The experience complies with government regulations
Social distancing is enforced
Areas frequented by visitors are regularly disinfected
Hand sanitizers are provided for staff and visitors
All gear/equipment is sanitized between use
Visitors are required to bring and wear masks
Guides and all other staff are required to wear masks
Visitors over 18 must show their ID and proof of one of the following: a full vaccination or first vaccination (this requirement varies depending on the country) received at least 15 days prior, recovery from a COVID-19 infection in the past 6 months, or a negative result from a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 48 hours before the experience starts. This may also apply to those aged 12 and above
Ticket for Mont Saint-Michel’s Abbey with audio guide included
Round-trip transport from Paris in a comfortable air-conditioned coach
What's not included
Food and beverages
Architecture Museum, 1 Place du Trocadero et du 11 novembre, 75016 Paris
Meet your coordinator 15 minutes before departure in front of the main entrance to the Architecture Museum at the Palais de Chaillot. The building is at the junction of the Place du Trocadero and the Avenue du President Wilson. The coordinator will be wearing a blue polo shirt or jacket.
- Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday
- Meeting time: 6:45am
- Departure time: 7:00am
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 1 day before the activity begins.
Important to know
- Please note that from July 21st 2021, all public venues in France will require visitors above the age of 12 years old to present a 'Health Pass' and a valid ID, proving that you are fully vaccinated (with an EMA-approved vaccine), OR that you have been tested (PCR or antigen) with a negative result within the last 48 hours, OR that you have recovered from COVID-19, attested by a PCR or antigen test result, at least 15 days and no more than 6 months old. Passes can be digital or in paper form (proof of vaccination or test result). They must be presented in English or French
- Unfortunately, the tour operator is unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance, strollers or baby carriages
- This tour ends at Trocadero in Paris
- Comfortable shoes are recommended
- All visitors over the age of 11 will be required to wear a mask throughout the tour, please make sure to bring your own mask to the meeting point or access will be denied