Do this because
Enjoy direct access to a stunning UNESCO world heritage site
Discover the cloister, the gardens and a breathtaking view of the bay
What to expect
Considered the “Western Marvel”, the Mont Saint-Michel is nestled in the middle of an exceptional site, surrounded by the moving sands and the tides that run in at the speed of a galloping horse. The medieval village built upon the island is crowned by a beautiful fortified Abbey dedicated to Saint Michael the Archangel. The whole site is classified by UNESCO as a world heritage site and it hasn’t changed much since the Middle Ages.
Benedictine monks started building an Abbey here in the 10th century. The heroic resistance of the Mount to English attacks during the Hundred Years’ War made it a symbol of French national identity. Monks left the Abbey in 1790, and it was listed as a historic monument in 1874. The whole site has been returned to its former glory thanks to on-going restoration work. You will discover the cloister, the gardens and a breathtaking view of the bay.
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
Visitor numbers are limited to reduce crowds
The experience complies with government regulations
Social distancing is enforced
Areas frequented by visitors are regularly disinfected
Hand sanitizers are provided for staff and visitors
All gear/equipment is sanitized between use
Visitors are required to bring and wear masks
Guides and all other staff are required to wear masks
Visitors over 18 must show their ID and proof of one of the following: a full vaccination or first vaccination (this requirement varies depending on the country) received at least 15 days prior, recovery from a COVID-19 infection in the past 6 months, or a negative result from a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 48 hours before the experience starts. This may also apply to those aged 12 and above
Priority entrance ticket
What's not included
L'Abbaye, 50170, Le Mont Saint-Michel, France
Present your ticket at the entrance of Mont Saint-Michel Abbey.
- From 2 May to 31 August 2021
Every day from 9.00 am to 7.00 pm
- From 1 September to 30 April 2022
Every day 9.30 am to 6.00 pm
- Closed on 1st January, 1st May and 25th December
Centre des Monuments Nationaux
Important to know
- During this period of reopening of the monuments, the Center des Monuments Nationaux asks its visitors to define their day and time of visit in advance. All information will be given to you on your Musement Voucher. Please book your ticket in advance in order to ensure availability
- During periods of high tides, access to Mont-Saint-Michel and the abbey will be closed for 1 hour in the morning and the evening on certain dates
- The ticket gives access to an unguided tour of the monument
- Luggage and big items exceeding 55cmx35cmx20cm will not be accepted