Do this because
Discover the most haunted streets and buildings in the city
Find out the horror stories of the people who used to live there
Learn about the curses and spells of Manchester
Solve clues and discover hidden gems
Play a fun city exploration game using your smartphone
You can start the game at any hour and can pause it whenever you want
What to expect
Unlock the spooky stories behind the buildings as you walk around the city. Discover a hidden past you won’t find in the history or guide books. Great for a night out with friends or a date (you won’t run out of things to talk about!) Play it at leisure or race against the best on our leaderboard.
Loky was a Manchester student who drowned in the canal, killed by The Pusher, a serial killer prowling the canals of Manchester.
Now a ghost, Loky has sent out a chain letter to a random address.
He knows that The Pusher is the ghost of the mass murderer who hid his victims and their bodies in Albert Hall and who now continues his murders by pushing people into the canals.
You can help release the ghosts of The Pusher’s victims. The Pusher will lose his power and will disappear.
During your quest you will discover the stories of:
- Albert Hall
- Manchester Town Hal
- Palace Theatre
- Rochdale Canal
- Manchester Cathedral
- Chetham's Library
- National Football Museum
- Albert Square
- Royal Exchange Theatre
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
Visitor numbers are limited to reduce crowds
The experience complies with government regulations
Social distancing is enforced
Areas frequented by visitors are regularly disinfected
Hand sanitizers are provided for staff and visitors
All gear/equipment is sanitized between use
Access to the quest inside the mobile game (the app is free to download)
Non-stop online customer service during the walking tour
Old Granada Studios, 2 Atherton St, Manchester M3 3GS, United Kingdom
Begin your quest opposite the Old Granada Studios and Bauhaus.
- Available to play at any time (24/7)
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 15 minutes before the activity begins.
Important to know
- This is a self-guided/treasure hunt type of tour
- Note there is no person assisting you at the starting point
- Total walking distance of 3km
- The haunted Manchester has a 1 hour 30 minutes solving time (but you can go at your own pace!)
- This quest is available in English
- You must be at the starting point (that you'll see in the app) in order to begin, or else the game won’t start
- Pause the game at any time and restart whenever you want, from the place you left it at
- You need an internet connection to play this city game