Do this because
Discover Manchester music city with a local music lover
Enjoy a drink in a former public bathroom
Explore the UK's best city for live music
See the location of a famous Sex Pistols performance
What to expect
Manchester is a music city. There are more live music shows in this city than anywhere else in the country. No wonder it has recently been crowned the UK’s best for live music. Join your guide to explore the musical legacy intertwined with industrial roots.
During the tour, you will visit legendary music spots such as the Free Trade Hall where the Sex Pistols held their infamous gig. You may recognize the location from one of the album covers of The Smiths, the Sex Pistols inspired them as well as members of Joy Division, the Buzzcocks, and Salford Lads’ Club with this famous performance.
Your guide will then lead you to a subterranean bar that was once a public bathroom which somehow became the inspiration for an Elbow song. Finally, you will head to the upcoming Northern Quarter to visit Piccadilly Records to flip through some vinyl.
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
Visitor numbers are limited to reduce crowds
The experience complies with government regulations
Social distancing is enforced
Areas frequented by visitors are regularly disinfected
Hand sanitizers are provided for staff and visitors
All gear/equipment is sanitized between use
Private and personalized walking tour
2 craft beers or ales
Meet up at accommodation (available on request for central locations)
What's not included
Food and additional drinks
Any tickets to attractions
Transportation to/ from meeting point
Public/private transportation during the tour
Meet your guide at your accommodation or any central location in Manchester. To organize pick-up, contact local operator directly to confirm the time and place.
- Daily with flexible starting times between 9.30 am and 3.00 pm
- Please refer to calendar for updated availability
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the activity begins.
Important to know
- Tickets are set as a group price, at checkout you can select 1 ticket matching the number of adults in your group
- In case you have any children in your group, please specify the number of children during checkout
- Starting times are flexible, please confirm the starting time of your choice with the local operator
- A maximum of 8 persons is set per group
- Meet your guide at your accommodation or any central location in Manchester, contact local operator to confirm the starting point using the contact details on the booking voucher