Do this because
Enjoy a relaxing river cruise down the Mersey River
Discover the history of Liverpool and its waterfront heritage
Listen to an entertaining audio commentary along the way!
What to expect
The only way to appreciate Liverpool's iconic waterfront is by relaxing on a cruise down the River Mersey!
Onboard this 50-minute cruise, a must for any tourist coming to visit the North West of England, you'll be able to discover the much-loved legacy of Liverpool and the River Mersey. Take in the views of Liverpool's riverside architecture and wildlife as you listen to entertaining audio commentary that will help you learn all about the city's fascinating music and maritime history.
Get ready to hear the tales of the three diverse influences, smuggling, music and war, that have touched this friendly city over the years and given it a unique charm.
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
Visitor numbers are limited to reduce crowds
The experience complies with government regulations
Social distancing is enforced
Areas frequented by visitors are regularly disinfected
Hand sanitizers are provided for staff and visitors
All gear/equipment is sanitized between use
On board commentary
Coffee shop and bar on the cruise
Cruise fact sheets in French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese and Mandarin
Pier Head, Liverpool L3 1DP, UK
- Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the activity begins.
Important to know
- This cruise departs hourly and sails from Liverpool Pier Head, calling at Seacombe and Woodside, Wirral
- Cruises run hourly Monday-Friday from 10.00am to 4.00pm and weekends 10.00am-6.00pm
- Please arrive at the ferry terminal when you wish to travel at least 25 minutes prior to sailing as the ferry leaves promptly on the hour
- Please note that the Seacombe ferry terminal is currently closed for refurbishment until 2022
- After booking, you will receive a confirmation voucher which you will need to bring with you on the day of your cruise to exchange for your ticket at Liverpool Pier Head
- Face coverings are mandatory in the terminals, on the linkspan and on the ferry. Children under the age of 11 and passengers with exemptions will not need to wear a face covering
- You can remove your face covering only when you eat or drink whilst sat in your seat