Do this because
Discover the wicked history of Scotland as you explore the secrets of the Old Town with your bewitching guide
Join a magic coven of Edinburgh witches on this spellbinding city walking tour
Visit the places where some mysterious and sinister events occurred including Edinburgh Castle, Lady Stairs Close, The Writers Museum and Greyfriars Kirkyard
What to expect
Join this spellbinding Edinburgh witches and history walking tour and learn all there is to know and more from a local witch guide. Explore the dimly lit closes and spooky wynds of Edinburgh’s Medieval Old Town. Watch out on the cobbles as you lend your ears to the terrible tales of the Witches of Scotland. There will be history and legends, hearsay and folklore. Listen in awe at these fascinating and chilling stories from the past.
Tread lightly as you walk on the very ground these mysterious and sometimes sinister events occurred. You'll stop by Castlehill, Edinburgh Castle, Lady Stairs Close, The Writers Museum, St Giles Cathedral, Parliament Square, Victoria Street, Grassmarket, Candle Maker Row, Greyfriars Kirkyard and a myriad of narrow closes and crooked streets along the way.
The term witch is most commonly associated with the female of the species but in these modern times and indeed in cases throughout history, male witches can also be simply referred to as witch. So whether witch, warlock, wizard or sorcerer, whoever you are, everyone is invited to join this magical coven.
Why not travel back through the ages and even discover for yourself what your very own Witch speciality might be. What are you waiting for? Unleash your magic on the Edinburgh witches and history walking tour!
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
Visitor numbers are limited to reduce crowds
The experience complies with government regulations
Social distancing is enforced
Areas frequented by visitors are regularly disinfected
Hand sanitizers are provided for staff and visitors
All gear/equipment is sanitized between use
Guided walking tour
What's not included
Entrance to buildings
300 Lawnmarket, EH1 2PH, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- Please meet your guide at the Tourist Information Ticket Kiosk.
- Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability
Scotland Ticket Services Ltd.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 4 hours before the activity begins.
Important to know
- Please note this is an outdoor walking tour and entrance to the buildings is not included
- Please bear in mind the wearing of a witch hat is optional
- Children under five years old are welcome on this tour and do not require a ticket. Please note that the cobblestoned streets and stairs may be inconvienent for strollers
- Pregnant women and wheelchair users are welcome to join this tour however there are cobblestone streets and stairs that may be inconvienent
- The maximum number of participants allowed per tour is 16 people
- Service animals are welcome however must always be on a leash