Do this because
Explore the stunning island of Islay and check out its scenery and history
Discover the famed Scottish whisky distilleries
Sample a dram (or two) of the nation's most loved drink
What to expect
You'll be taken to the Scottish island paradise of Islay on this incredible four day whisky tour. With stunning scenery, ancient history and traditional cutlure, Islay is home to nine of Scotland's finest whisky distilleries which you'll explore during your trip.
On the first day of your tour, you'll start your journey north into the Highlands where you'll discover the stunning landscapes and hear all about the history and culture of this stunning part of Scotland. You'll stop at Oban, a Victorian town that is well known as the seafood capital of Scotland, where you'll visit your first distillery of the trip. Then, it's onto Kilmartin Glen before catching the evening ferry to Islay and taking in the stunning views of the surrounding islands. Once you arrive at the Bowmore House or Freewinds, you can relax with a glass of whisky while you settle into your home for the next few days.
With two full days to explore, there are plenty of sights to take in including empty beaches, ancient sites, medieval strongholds, fresh seafood and local wildlife not to mention the distillery and whisky experiences. You'll enjoy the Lagavulin warehouse experience, the Laphroaig maltings, a private tour of Bruichladdich and a behind the scenes peek at the independent Kilchoman. Each night, there will be plenty of options for eating, drinking and relaxing and your guide will be on hand to show you the best places in town.
The final day of your trip will see you heading back to Kennacraig on the ferry. Once you arrive on the mainland, you'll head to the loch-side town of Inveraray where you can browse the shops and grab a bite to eat. Then, it's time to start your journey back south, hugging the shores of Loch Fyne and Loch Long, all the way to Loch Lomond. You'll have time to take in the stunning views and stretch your legs before hopping back on the bus back to Edinburgh.
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
Visitor numbers are limited to reduce crowds
The experience complies with government regulations
Social distancing is enforced
Areas frequented by visitors are regularly disinfected
Hand sanitizers are provided for staff and visitors
All gear/equipment is sanitized between use
3 nights B&B accommodation
All distillery tours and tastings
Minibus transport (max 16 guests)
Services of a professional tour guide
What's not included
Hotel/airport pick up
Entrance fees other than those noted above
Meals (other than breakfast)
Items of a personal nature (newspapers/snacks/telephone calls etc.)
192 Parliament Square, High St, Edinburgh EH1 1RF, UK
Please meet your guide at Cafe Nero.
- This tour runs on selected Thursdays and Sundays
- It departs at 8.00am
Receive a 50% refund if you cancel up to 14 days before the activity begins.
Important to know
- The prices shown in the calendar are based on 2 or 3 people sharing a twin/double/triple room. There is an additional supplement of £85 for single occupancy
- Accommodation is on a B&B basis in the Bowmore House and Freewinds. Please note that if the Bowmore House is not available, alternative local accommodation of the same standard will be found
- Due to various reasons (weather, closures and special events), it may not always be possible to visit all distilleries mentioned. Please be aware that, if this is the case, suitable alternatives will be found
- All participants must be over 18 years old. If you are lucky enough to look under 25 years old, please bring a photo ID with you as you may be asked to prove you are over 18
- Please bring suitable clothing for sun and rain including a waterproof jacket, plenty of layers and shoes suitable for short walks
- Due to the size of the vehicles, please limit your luggage to 1 small piece per person with a maximum weight of 15kg. You can also bring 1 small handbag or daypack which can be stored on the bus by your feet or above your head