Scotch whisky is deeply ingrained in Scottish culture. It was used by the ancient Scots to heal common ailments and keep warm throughout the winter and today, Scottish whisky exports make up one quarter of the UK’s international food and drink trade. It’s a fascinating part of Scottish heritage and on this tour, you'll learn about it at two very different distilleries. You'll head to Glengoyne which is a tiny, quaint distillery located at the foot of a delightful hill and explore Deanston distillery which is a larger distillery with a fascinating industrial past. You'll get to check out these fascinating spots and enjoy a few drams as well as visiting one of the most famous lochs in Scotland, Loch Lomond. So, take this tour, sample some of Scotland's finest whiskies and learn more about this beloved drink.
Discover Malt Whisky small-group day tour from Edinburgh
- Savour Scotland’s 'water of life' on this whisky distillery tour
- Visit two of the country's best known distilleries and learn more about the process
- Indulge in dram or two of this beloved drink
- Entry fees and tastings at distilleries
St Andrew Square, Edinburgh EH1 3DQ, UK
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes prior to departure
- The weather in Scotland is often cold and wet, please dress appropriately and wear suitable shoes
- Unfortunately, passengers under 18 years old are not permitted on this tour
- Itinerary and distillery visits are subject to change
- Please note that Glengoyne Distillery will be observing their Silent Season between 28 June 2023 and 10 August 2023. During this period, visitors will instead do the 'Glenside Tour and Tasting at Glengoyne Distillery - Silent Season alternative' experience. The duration and cost remains the same, however the tour will be a guided walk around the grounds of the distillery instead
What people say about this experience
At the moment there are no reviews for this experience.
Book your Jacobite Steam Train and Scottish Highlands tour and discover Edinburgh's connections to Harry Potter as you check out the scenery.
Book your Silver Whisky Tour with tasting and dive into the history and alchemy of blending the perfect dram of Scottish whisky.
en, it, fr, es, de, +8 pt, ru, nl, ja, pl, sv, zh, ko
Book this haunted Vaults tour of Edinburgh to visit its spooky underworld, hear about paranormal activity and maybe even experience some first-hand.
Visit the historic Palace of Holyroodhouse with a self-guided audio tour
en, it, fr, es, de, +4 pt, ru, ja, zh
Visit Glenfinnan Viaduct and see the Harry Potter steam train. Take in the views at Glencoe and enjoy the Highland town of Fort William.
Get your bus tour to Loch Ness and the Highlands of Scotland and spend a day immersed in the beauty and mystery of Scotland.
Book this Vaults and graveyard tour of Edinburgh now to discover its paranormal side, visit Greyfriars graveyard and go deep underneath the city.
Follow a self-guided audio tour through Edinburgh on an app and see Harry Potter's Edinburgh
Explore Edinburgh at your own pace! Enjoy an app containing over 130 points of interest, famous transport routes, sightseeing itineraries and walking tours.