Do this because
Uncover the secrets of the nation's most famous drink
Explore the Scottish Highlands on this whiskey pilgrimage
Sample a wee dram (or two) of Scotch whisky
What to expect
Fans of whisky will love this three day tour which will take you into the Scottish Highlands and the heart of ‘Malt Whisky Country’, Speyside. Prepare to experience stunning scenery, hear tales of Scotland’s history and uncover the secrets of the nation's famed drink.
On the first day, you'll escape the city and head north to begin your whisky pilgrimage at Lindores Abbey Distillery. You’ll learn the whisky making process here and get to sample some delicious Aqua Vitae. Then, you'll head onto Stonehaven, Strathisla Distillery (for a a cask tasting and blending experience) and Grantown-on-Spey. This little town will be your home for the next two nights.
Day two of your whisky tour will take you to Glenfarclas Distillery, one of the last independent, family-owned distilleries in Scotland, where you'll enjoy a special tour and tasting. Then, it's time to head to the Glenfiddich Distillery, Speyside Cooperage and Aberlour Distillery which will be the perfect end to your day of whisky tasting!
The third and final day of your tour will kick off at the Glenlivet Distillery where you'll enjoy a private tour before sampling some amazing whisky exclusives in a stunning setting. Then, it's time to bid farewell to Speyside and head back south. You'll take in the stunning views of the wild highlands that the Cairngorm National Park promise!.
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
Visitor numbers are limited to reduce crowds
The experience complies with government regulations
Social distancing is enforced
Areas frequented by visitors are regularly disinfected
Hand sanitizers are provided for staff and visitors
All gear/equipment is sanitized between use
2 nights B&B ensuite accommodation
All distillery tours and tastings
Services of a professional tour guide
What's not included
Hotel/airport pick up
Entrance fees other than those noted above
Meals (other than breakfast)
Items of a personal nature (newspapers/snacks/telephone calls etc.)
192 Parliament Square, High St, Edinburgh EH1 1RF, UK
Please meet your guide outside Cafe Nero.
Receive a 50% refund if you cancel up to 14 days before the activity begins.
Important to know
- For various reasons (weather, closures and special events), it may not always be possible to visit all the distilleries mentioned. Please be aware that, if this is the case, suitable alternatives will be found
- All participants must be over 18 years old
- If you are lucky enough to look under 25, please bring a photo ID with you as you may be asked to prove you are over 18
- Please bring suitable clothing for sun and rain including a waterproof jacket, plenty of layers and shoes suitable for short walks
- Due to the size of the vehicles, please limit your luggage to one small piece per person with a maximum weight of 15kg. You can also bring one small handbag or daypack which can be stored on the bus by your feet or above your head