Do this because
Explore Cologne during this interactive and fun discovery walk
Learn about the history and local stories of the city centre in a playful way
Solve location-based riddles to unlock directions to your next stop along the route
See popular sights from a different angle and discover hidden local spots
What to expect
Want to explore Cologne in a more playful way? The game's co-founders, Kristina and Wendy, created this experience for other curious humans - like you. Forget your city map and instead let location-based riddles lead you through the city. On this walk, you’ll get to know Cologne in a memorable way: through learning surprising local stories, following our food and drink recommendations, admiring stunning architectural sights and… saying ‘hello’ to dwarfs and grotesque faces (if you can spot them!).
This playful walk across Cologne sharpens your senses and encourages you to appreciate the most wonderful – and often hidden – details around you. Whether you know the city or just start exploring here, this experience gives you a perspective on discovery that will inspire your curiosity wherever you go next.
Local wonders you’ll discover on this walk include:
- The impressive Gothic Cologne Cathedral
- The colorful Fish Market (Fischmarkt)
- The beautiful Town Hall (Rathaus)
- The Hahnen Gate on Rudolfplatz
- Our favorite local foodie spots on Aachener Street
This discovery walk is an educational and fun activity for friends, couples, families with kids, curious locals, visitors and team building. You can fully enjoy this experience of connecting with the city while staying in your own group.
Along the way, enjoy meaningful moments of discovery; explore, learn and have fun! Use #secretcitytrails to be featured on the company's social media and enter a monthly raffle to win a free discovery walk.
Discovery Game in Cologne available for six months after purchase
Kardinal-Höffner-Platz, 50667 Cologne, Germany
Secret City Trails
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the activity begins.
Important to know
- You will receive your game within 24 hours after your booking
- This is a self-guided tour, there is no tour guide that meets you at the start location
- You will receive an email with a link to your game. The link to the game is valid up to 6 months after the purchase. By tapping the play button your game opens in your phone’s browser. No downloads needed
- You can stop the game and take a break at any point and start where you left off later
- You can play any day of the week, starting between 8:00am and 7:30pm (daylight hours)
- The game is recommended to be played in a team of 1-5 people
- You can share a team viewer link, so everyone can read riddles and stories on their phones. Just make sure to select one person to enter answers
- Start in front of the side portal of the Roman north gate CCAA in front of the cathedral’s main entrance
- End near Rudolfplatz