Do this because
Learn about the medieval persecutions that took place in the city
Discover the ex-prominent religion of Carcassonne
Play a fun city exploration game using your smartphone
Start the game at any hour and can pause it whenever you want
What to expect
Play a city game where you will follow clues on your smartphone to discover wonderful spots and local stories in Carcassonne. Bit by bit, you will get a feeling of the medieval French atmosphere while exploring the city outside the walls and the bustling streets within the fascinating citadel.
Each clue will lead you from one place to another by providing you with exact directions so you won't need a map, GPS, or guide. As you solve the problem and guess the answer, the secret story of that place is unlocked.
Are you up for an adventure in Carcassonne?
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
Visitor numbers are limited to reduce crowds
The experience complies with government regulations
Social distancing is enforced
Areas frequented by visitors are regularly disinfected
Hand sanitizers are provided for staff and visitors
All gear/equipment is sanitized between use
Visitors are required to bring and wear masks
Guides and all other staff are required to wear masks
Visitors over 18 must show their ID and proof of one of the following: a full vaccination or first vaccination (this requirement varies depending on the country) received at least 15 days prior, recovery from a COVID-19 infection in the past 6 months, or a negative result from a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 48 hours before the experience starts. This may also apply to those aged 12 and above
Access to the quest inside the mobile game (the app is free to download)
Non-stop online customer service during the walking tour
1bis Square Gambetta, 11000 Carcassonne, France
Begin your quest in the Square Gambetta.
- Available to play at any time (24/7)
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 15 minutes before the activity begins.
Important to know
- Important: At checkout, you must book a ticket for 'Group from 1 to 2 people'
- This booking will unlock the quest for 2 different devices
- Should you wish to connect your game with more than 2 players you can add 'Additional Person' to your booking
- This is a self-guided/treasure hunt type of tour
- Note there is no person assisting you at the starting point
- Total walking distance of about 2.0km
- The city game typically around 1.5 hours to complete (but you can go at your own pace!)
- This quest is available in English and French
- You must be at the starting point (that you'll see in the app) in order to begin, or else the game won’t start
- Pause the game at any time and restart whenever you want, from the place you left it at
- You need an internet connection to play this city game