Do this because
Learn about WW2 in every detail
Discover D-Day from a new angle
Visit the D-DAY beaches nearby
Don't miss the new temporary exhibition "The World After 9/11"
What to expect
As they discover the numerous exhibition spaces at the Mémorial de Caen Museum, visitors take a journey through 20th-century world - and especially European - history. The museum recounts major historical events from the end of the First World War to the fall of the Berlin Wall, focusing more particularly on the European perspective of these historical episodes. This visit is therefore an opportunity to delve into our shared past, with the help of diverse historical documents and objects.
The Mémorial de Caen Museum encourages people to think actively about history, memory, and peace and is, therefore, an essential tool for understanding the world and its transformations. It is also the best way of introducing and explaining D-Day and of understanding in what way the one hundred days of the Invasion of Normandy were a major turning point in history.
For the 20th anniversary of the attacks of September 11, 2001, don't miss the exhibition "The World After 9/11" that looks back at the socio-political consequences of the event, 20 years later! The exhibition, divided into 7 main chapters, traces the consequences of the attacks of 11 September 2001 over the last two decades. The work of journalists, photographers, reporters, and historians has made it possible to create this exhibition and to explain how the world has suddenly changed.
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
Visitor numbers are limited to reduce crowds
The experience complies with government regulations
Social distancing is enforced
Areas frequented by visitors are regularly disinfected
Hand sanitizers are provided for staff and visitors
All gear/equipment is sanitized between use
Visitors are required to bring and wear masks
Guides and all other staff are required to wear masks
Visitors over 18 must show their ID and proof of one of the following: a full vaccination or first vaccination (this requirement varies depending on the country) received at least 15 days prior, recovery from a COVID-19 infection in the past 6 months, or a negative result from a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 48 hours before the experience starts. This may also apply to those aged 12 and above
Entrance ticket to the Mémorial de Caen Museum
Audio guide (if selected at time of booking)
The temporary exhibition "The World After 9/11" with free audio guide (if selected at time of booking)
What's not included
Mémorial de Caen, Esplanade Général Eisenhower, 14050 Caen
Please present your ticket at the entrance of the Mémorial de Caen Museum.
If you have purchased a "family" ticket, you need to exchange your voucher at the entrance desk.
Important to know
- From November 29 to February 6, the Caen Mémorial museum will undertake renovation work. Special rates are offered during this period for individual visitors. During the works, access to certain areas of the permanent exhibition is restricted. The Memorial is putting up dedicated signage and is offering its visitors a printed guide to find their way throughout the museum
- You could present your ticket directly at the entrance of the Mémorial de Caen Museum
- At time of booking, the family ticket, the full price ticket, and the reduced ticket correspond to the entrance fee to the Mémorial de Caen Museum without audio guide
- If you wish to book the audio guide (adult and child), please make sure you select them at time of booking
- If you wish to visit the exhibition "The World After 9/11", please book your ticket by clicking on "Temporary exhibition" at time of booking