Do this because
Learn about WW2 in every detail
Discover D-Day from a new angle
Visit the D-DAY beaches nearby
What to expect
As they discover the numerous exhibition spaces at the Mémorial de Caen Museum, visitors take a journey through 20th-century world - and especially European - history. The museum recounts major historical events from the end of the First World War to the fall of the Berlin Wall, focusing more particularly on the European perspective of these historical episodes. This visit is therefore an opportunity to delve into our shared past, with the help of diverse historical documents and objects.
The Mémorial de Caen Museum encourages people to think actively about history, memory, and peace and is, therefore, an essential tool for understanding the world and its transformations. It is also the best way of introducing and explaining D-Day and of understanding in what way the one hundred days of the Invasion of Normandy were a major turning point in history.
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
Visitor numbers are limited to reduce crowds
The experience complies with government regulations
Social distancing is enforced
Areas frequented by visitors are regularly disinfected
Hand sanitizers are provided for staff and visitors
All gear/equipment is sanitized between use
Visitors are required to bring and wear masks
Guides and all other staff are required to wear masks
Visitors over 18 must show their ID and proof of one of the following: a full vaccination or first vaccination (this requirement varies depending on the country) received at least 15 days prior, recovery from a COVID-19 infection in the past 6 months, or a negative result from a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 48 hours before the experience starts. This may also apply to those aged 12 and above
Entrance ticket to the Mémorial de Caen Museum
Audio app (if selected at time of booking)
What's not included
Headphones (for those who have selected the audio guide at time of booking)
Mémorial de Caen, Esplanade Général Eisenhower, 14050 Caen
Please present your ticket at the entrance of the Mémorial de Caen Museum. If you have purchased a "family" ticket, you need to exchange your voucher at the entrance desk.
Important to know
- You could present your ticket directly at the entrance of Mémorial de Caen Museum
- At time of booking, the family ticket, the full price ticket, and the reduced ticket correspond to the entrance fee to the Mémorial de Caen Museum without audio guide
- The family pass is valid for 2 adults and at least 1 10-18 child (unlimited number of children) or 1 adult and at least 2 10-18 children (unlimited number children)
- If you wish to book the audioguide application, please make sure you select "audio guide" at time of booking
- After your booking, you will find a 5-digit code on the voucher that you can use in the audioguide application
- This audioguide application allows you to enhance your visit to the different areas of the Caen Memorial: World War II area, D-Day and Battle of Normandy area, Cold War area and The Bunker
- The audioguide application is available in French, English, German, Spanish, Italian and Dutch
- Free admission for children under 9 and disabled visitors