Do this because
Enjoy a personalized visit with a passionate guide
Discover the history and magnificent architecture of the city
Explore one of the most beautiful historic cities in Europe
What to expect
Leave Brussels for the day and discover the joyous city of Ghent with a private guide!
Learn all about this Belgian historic jewel thanks to this personalized visit. This multifaceted town has managed to keep its historic center in good condition. Numerous imposing gothic buildings of the city are listed in the Unesco World’s heritage list. Enjoy a day in the wonderful historic city of Ghent: where old and new blend in an unexpected way.
This tour can be fully personalized. But to help you, here are a few must-sees of the city:
- Saint Bavo’s Cathedral
- Peter Paul Rubens’ painting “Saint Bavo Enters the Convent at Ghent” and an optional visit to “the Adoration of the Mystic Lamb” by the Van Eyck brothers
- The market square, the Belfort tower, and the covered market
- The City Hall: a building combining Gothic, Renaissance, and Baroque architecture
- The churches of St. Nicholas, St. James, and St. Michel
- The Graslei and Korenlei
- The medieval butchery
- And much more!
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
Visitor numbers are limited to reduce crowds
The experience complies with government regulations
Social distancing is enforced
Areas frequented by visitors are regularly disinfected
Hand sanitizers are provided for staff and visitors
All gear/equipment is sanitized between use
Visitors are required to bring and wear masks
Guides and all other staff are required to wear masks
Exclusive and private tour
Pick up in Brussels (round trip)
Guide service and round-trip transport by train in second class (if "category A" selected at time of booking)
Guide service and round-trip transport by train in first class (if "category B" selected at time of booking)
What's not included
All extras not explicitly mentioned
Meet directly your guide wherever you want, as long as the meeting place is in the historic center of Brussels.
Departure by train from Brussels with your guide.
Contact the partner to communicate your meeting place using the contacts you will find on the voucher after booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 1 day before the activity begins.
Important to know
- To arrive in Ghent, this private tour offers two options:
Category A: includes the guide service and round-trip transport by train in second class
Category B: includes the guide service and round-trip transport by train in first class
- Please select "category A" or "category" B at the time of booking
- You will find all the supplier's contact details on your voucher after booking to personalize your guided tour
- Please confirm your pickup time and location with the local operator before the tour
- The group decides not only the time of departure (between 9.00 am and 2.00 pm) but also the place of departure (in the center of Brussels)
- The price is a per group price: up to 4 participants or up to 10 participants or up to 15 participants
- It is suggested to wear comfortable walking shoes and to bring a bottle of water with you