Do this because
Discover two beautiful medieval cities in one day
Admire building listed on the Unesco World's heritage list
Personalize your visit with a passionate guide
What to expect
Leave Brussels for an unforgettable day in two of the most beautiful cities in Belgium!
Let the romantic and historic atmospheres of the “Venice of the North” charm you and the blend of medieval and modernity of Ghent take your breath away.
Admire the impressive architecture of the two cities and dive deep into their medieval history. With the professional and private tour guide, those two historical towns will no longer hold any secret for you.
This tour can be fully personalized, but to help you here are a few must-see sites in Ghent and Bruges:
- The ancient city wall park
- Markt Square: the tenth-century city market
- Burg Square: the political heart of the city
- Admire the oldest Gothic city hall of the Low Countries and the Basilica of the Holy Blood
- VisMarkt (fish market) and the Tanners’ Square: two of the oldest squares in Bruges
- GroeningeMuseum (possibility to enter the museum and see the paintings of the Flemish Primitives)
- Our Lady of Bruges: one of the oldest churches in the city
- Old St. John’s Hospital: one of the oldest hospitals in Europe
- Brewery “De Halve Maan”: the only brewery still operating in the city center
- The Beguinage: one of the best-preserved examples of a medieval gated community
- The “Lake of Love”: one of the main water reservoirs that nourish the canal system of “the Venice of the North
- Saint Bavo’s Cathedral, with Peter Paul Rubens’ painting “Saint Bavo”
- An optional visit to the altarpiece “The Adoration of the Mystic Lamb” by the Van Eyck brothers
- The market square, the Belfort tower, and the covered market
- The City Hall: a building combining Gothic, Renaissance, and Baroque architecture
- The churches of St. Nicholas, St.James, and St. Michel: three parish churches that stand as a reminder of Ghent’s medieval past
- The Graslei: old port of the city
- Gravensteen (Castle of the count): a medieval castle
- Patershol: the picturesque area of the city
- The medieval butchery: an imposing Gothic building of 1408, one of Europe oldest meat markets
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
Visitor numbers are limited to reduce crowds
The experience complies with government regulations
Social distancing is enforced
Areas frequented by visitors are regularly disinfected
Hand sanitizers are provided for staff and visitors
All gear/equipment is sanitized between use
Visitors are required to bring and wear masks
Guides and all other staff are required to wear masks
Exclusive and private tour
Pick up in Brussels (round trip)
Guide service and round-trip transport by train in second class (if "category A" selected at time of booking)
Guide service and round-trip transport by train in first class (if "category B" selected at time of booking)
What's not included
All extras not explicitly mentioned
Meet directly your guide wherever you want, as long as the meeting place is in the historic center of Brussels.
Departure by train from Brussels with your guide.
Contact the partner to communicate your meeting place using the contacts you will find on the voucher after booking.
- Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the activity begins.
Important to know
- To arrive in Bruges and Ghent, this private tour offers two options:
Category A: includes the guide service and round-trip transport by train in second class
Category B: includes the guide service and round-trip transport by train in first class
- Please select "category A" or "category" B at the time of booking
- You will find all the supplier's contact details on your voucher after booking to personalize your guided tour
- Please confirm your pickup time and location with the local operator before the tour
- The group decides not only the time of departure (between 9.00am and 2.00pm) but also the place of departure (in the center of Brussels)
- The price is a per group price: up to 4 participants or up to 10 participants or up to 15 participants
- It is suggested to wear comfortable walking shoes and to bring a bottle of water with you