Do this because
Explore the Old City at your own pace
Discover hidden away street art, including two Banksy's
Get interesting facts and directions at the right time just from your location
What to expect
Explore and learn about Bristol's Old City at your own pace, discover it's independent food and drink venues and see some awesome street art (including two Banksy's). Whether you've been in Bristol for five minutes or five decades, this audio tour is bound to interest you with some facts about the city that you didn't know.
The tour takes you through the oldest parts of the city. Using your location, the app plays audio automatically, at exactly the right time and place. Discover where Bristol all began, what happened to the castle, why it has a clock with two times, why it had such a busy port and why so many things are being renamed.
You can travel through markets, relax in a park, pass through the last remaining city gate, view the cathedral and historic docks, marvel at the street art and see the city's oldest pubs.
As it's all about you enjoying it at your own speed, you can stop as often as you like. To assist with this, your local audio tour guide will give you loads of ideas of places to eat and drink, guide you to a street which is a craft beer lover's paradise, point out a couple of breweries and tell you the story behind them.
On the day of your tour, you’ll receive a unique code within a few hours and instructions on how to download the tour on the VoiceMap platform (you will need to have a compatible Android or I-Phone to download the app). Your code accesses the tour, which you can download in advance to use the maps offline. Once downloaded onto your phone, the tour can be taken any time and does not expire.
Tickets are for two or three devices so multiple codes will be sent to you. It is strongly recommended that each person taking the tour is given a code and downloads the tour onto their own phone.
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
Visitor numbers are limited to reduce crowds
The experience complies with government regulations
Social distancing is enforced
Areas frequented by visitors are regularly disinfected
Hand sanitizers are provided for staff and visitors
All gear/equipment is sanitized between use
What's not included
Food and drinks
Victoria Street, Bristol BS1 6DT, UK
The tour will begin on Bristol Bridge, next to the Bella Vista restaurant.
- Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability
- The tour can be taken at any time however please review opening and closing times of other independent venues as these will vary
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the activity begins.
Important to know
- This tour is lockdown friendly as it can be used as your daily exercise
- You will need a set of headphones and a charged smartphone with either an Android or I-phone operating system to be able to download the app
- Please wear comfy shoes (heels are not recommended)
- Please bring ID
- Tickets are for two or three devices so multiple codes will be sent to you
- It is strongly recommended that each person taking the tour is given a code and downloads the tour onto their own phone
- This tour is dog friendly but we recommend to ask permission to enter other independent venues