Do this because
Book the time slot of your choice now and plan the rest of your day carefree
Show the ticket on your phone and come in to enjoy the richest Van Gogh collection in the world
See over 200 paintings, 500 drawings, and 750 letters from the Dutch master
What to expect
Discover the world’s largest collection of Van Gogh masterpieces. The exhibits are arranged chronologically so you can follow the artist’s biography and technical development.
As well as early and lesser-known works, you’ll see some of his most famous paintings such as Vincent’s Bedroom in Arles, Gauguin’s Chair and a painting from the Sunflower series.
The building itself is an impressive feat of architecture, as you’ll notice when you experience the spectacular glass entrance on Museumplein.
Home to the world’s largest collection of Vincent van Gogh’s paintings, the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam transports visitors on a fascinating journey through the life of the artist and his contemporaries. The museum introduces the complete story: the artist, the context, Van Gogh’s personal ambitions, his emotions, the myths that surround him and his influence right up until this very day. The Van Gogh Museum’s collection includes world-famous paintings such as Sunflowers, Almond Blossom and The Potato Eaters. The museum also organizes three temporary exhibitions every year.
The Van Gogh Museum is open 365 days a year. Tickets are available online only. Don’t miss out, book in advance. Visitors can discover more about Van Gogh and his contemporaries with the multimedia guide, available in 11 languages. For those not able to visit the museum, the Van Gogh Museum offers the collection and a virtual journey through Van Gogh’s life on its website, Facebook and Instagram.
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
Visitor numbers are limited to reduce crowds
The experience complies with government regulations
Social distancing is enforced
Visitors are required to bring and wear masks
Visitors over 18 must show their ID and proof of one of the following: a full vaccination or first vaccination (this requirement varies depending on the country) received at least 15 days prior, recovery from a COVID-19 infection in the past 6 months, or a negative result from a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 48 hours before the experience starts. This may also apply to those aged 12 and above
Proof of vaccination or negative COVID test may be required, please confirm the local requirements before your visit
Timed entry ticket to the Van Gogh Museum
Admission to temporary exhibitions
Multimedia audio guide (if option is chosen at checkout)
Van Gogh Museum, Museumplein 6, 1071 DJ Amsterdam, Netherlands
Go directly to the museum entrance with your voucher.
- The Van Gogh Museum is open daily, please see calendar for exact available time slots
Van Gogh Museum - Amsterdam
Important to know
- You will have to wear a face mask for your entire visit to the attraction. Masks may not provided on site, please remember to bring your own
- Please always remember to maintain the security distance of at least 1.5 mteters to other guests
- IMPORTANT: when visiting the museum, you (the customer) accepts all the terms and conditions and declares that yourself (and any companions) have no cold-like symptoms such as nasal congestion, a runny nose, sore throat, light cough, fever (up to and above 38°C) and/or shortness of breath
- You can book tickets up to 60 days in advance
- Wheelchairs and strollers/prams are available to visitors for no extra fee
- During peak seasons and times, you might encounter a line at the entrance. Don’t cut off your ear in frustration – you’ll get in sooner than you think
- A reservation for children 17 years old and under is obligatory even though they have no entrance fee
- Multimedia audio guide is available in eleven languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Russian, Chinese (Mandarin), Japanese and Korean
- Tickets can NOT be refunded after purchase
- You are, however, able to request a change to the date and time of your admission ticket free of charge, up to 48 hours of your time-slot entry
- Note this is only applicable if the new requested date and time is available