Do this because
Explore Amsterdams old Jewish neighborhood
Visit stunning synagogues and impressive memorials
Enjoy an Amsterdam canal cruise with an audio guide
What to expect
This combination offer saves you both time and money as you explore Amsterdam. Enjoy the scenery as you cruise along Amsterdam’s canals and discover the Jewish Cultural Quarter. It’s up to you to decide which activity to do first. Be amazed by the 17th-century merchant houses of Amsterdam’s Canal Belt and colorful barge boats that intrepid residents have converted into homes.
On a 75-minute canal cruise, you will travel from the Golden Bend to the city’s newest quarter at Overhoeks. Admire the new Music Building in the harbor, and the historic VOC ship in the docks.
Then, you’ll enter old Amsterdam's Jewish neighborhood with its beautiful synagogues, striking buildings, and impressive monuments. At the heart of this historic neighborhood, which is less than 1 square kilometer in area, you’ll find the Jewish Cultural Quarter. Travel back in the days of Amsterdam’s Golden Age in the Portuguese Synagogue with it's 17th-century interior that is still fully intact. Visit the Jewish Historical Museum with its engaging JHM Children's Museum, where you can discover all about the Jewish history and culture of The Netherlands, or see the moving National Holocaust Memorial and National Holocaust Museum.
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
Visitor numbers are limited to reduce crowds
The experience complies with government regulations
Social distancing is enforced
Proof of vaccination or negative COVID test may be required, please confirm the local requirements before your visit
Amsterdam canal cruise
Admission to all locations and exhibitions in the Jewish Cultural Quarter
Multilingual audio tour at the Jewish Cultural Quarter
Admission to the Portuguese Synagogue (closed on Saturdays and Jewish holidays)
Admission to the Jewish Historical Museum
What's not included
Transfer between the boat and the Jewish Cultural Quarter
Stadhouderskade 551, 1072 AE Amsterdam, Netherlands
Jewish Cultural Quarter: Use your time slot entry ticket to access the Jewish Cultural Quarter beginning at the Portuguese Synagogue (Mr. Visserplein 3) or the Jewish Historical Museum & Children's Museum (Nieuwe Amstelstraat 1) Then continue to the National Holocaust Memorial (Plantage Middenlaan 24)
Boats depart from: Stadhouderskade 551 (opposite Heineken Experience) or Stadhouderskade 501 (opposite Hard Rock Café). A time slot reservation will be made on the dock when you arrive.
- Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability
- Please note, Amsterdam's Portuguese Synagogue is closed on Saturdays and Jewish holidays
Jewish Cultural Quarter
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the activity begins.
Important to know
- Please note: The National Holocaust Museum and the National Holocaust Memorial Hollandsche Schouwburg are currently closed for renovations until 2022
- In the Portuguese Synagogue and the Jewish Historical Museum an audio guide is available in English, Dutch, Portuguese, Italian, Spanish, Hebrew, German and French
- Bring your own headphones or earphones to listen to the audio tour
- Didn't see it all in one day? Your ticket is valid for 1 month after its first use
- Make sure you visit the first location in the Jewish Quarter at the time stated on the time-slot entry ticket then it is free to visit the other locations within one month
- The minimum age to take part in this activity is 14