Do this because
Enjoy a gourmet adventure with tastings in Lyon
Sample a wide range of high-end local products
Discover Lyon’s key districts with a guide specialized in gastronomy
What to expect
Join a private food tour through Lyon and sample some of the best local specialties in a fun and convivial atmosphere with a guide specialized in gastronomy!
Visit the covered market Les Halles de Lyon Paul Bocuse and learn anecdotes about some of Lyon's main districts, including the "Presqu'île", the Old-Lyon district, and secret passageways known as « Traboules ».
Accompanied by passionate artisans, you will enjoy a series of friendly tastings that made Lyon the Capital of Gastronomy:
- 5 Lyonnais pork « charcuteries » + 1 glass of local red Côte du Rhône
- 1 small casserole of pike quenelle (soufflé) with crayfish sauce
- 4 regional cheeses + 1 glass of local white wine + truffle honey
- 1 slice of praline tart or brioche with pralines de Lyon
- 1 chocolate « Coussin de Lyon »
- 1 glass of Champagne or Cerdon (local sparkling wine from Gamay variety)
- 1 glass of Chartreuse liqueur with confectioneries and crystallized flowers
If you have any special requests, this tour can be fully customized to your needs and taste.
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
Visitor numbers are limited to reduce crowds
The experience complies with government regulations
Social distancing is enforced
Areas frequented by visitors are regularly disinfected
Hand sanitizers are provided for staff and visitors
All gear/equipment is sanitised between use
Visitors are required to bring and wear masks
Guides and all other staff are required to wear masks
Visitors over 18 must show their ID and proof of one of the following: a full vaccination or first vaccination (this requirement varies depending on the country) received at least 15 days prior, recovery from a COVID-19 infection in the past 6 months, or a negative result from a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 48 hours before the experience starts. This may also apply to those aged 12 and above
4-hour private tour
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Around 17 tastings
What’s not included
Meet your guide directly at your hotel lobby (please provide your accommodation details for necessary arrangements when booking)
NEW GENERATION GUIDE
Receive a 50% refund if you cancel up to 7 days before the activity begins.
Important to know
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Pick-up from your hotel in Lyon is included in the price; you'll be asked your hotel address in the course of the booking process
- Please make sure to be ready in the lobby of your hotel 15-30 minutes prior departure time scheduled
- This tour is not recommended for people allergic to almonds, don't eat pork, or don't drink alcohol
- Les Halles are closed on Mondays, and on Sundays afternoon, other options are usually suggested
- A moderate amount of walking is involved on this tour