Do this because
Travel between Southampton and London with ease and in comfort
Visit Highclere Castle and Cogges Manor Farm on your way to London
Avoid waiting for taxis at the cruise terminal with a private driver waiting
Maximize your time at each attraction with prebooked tickets included
What to expect
You'll depart in the comfort of an air-conditioned vehicle and will first be driven to Highclere castle from Southampton (approx. 45 minutes away). Here, there will be plenty of time to explore the stunning castle and gardens independently using a self-guided information sheet. Immerse yourself in the world of the Crawley family as you walk around, building a picture of what real life was like here more than 100 years ago, in the era of Downton Abbey.
From Highclere, you'll then travel to the Oxfordshire countryside, where much of Downton Abbey was filmed. The first stop will be at Bampton, a charming Cotswolds village that was used as Downton village. You will enjoy a walking tour with your guide of the village's most recognizable film sites. Then, continue to Cogges Manor Farm which was used as Yew Tree Farm in the hit British TV series.
After you finish exploring Cogges Manor Farm you'll depart for the direct journey to London where you will be dropped off at your London hotel or Heathrow Airport.
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
Visitor numbers are limited to reduce crowds
The experience complies with government regulations
Social distancing is enforced
Areas frequented by visitors are regularly disinfected
Hand sanitizers are provided for staff and visitors
All gear/equipment is sanitized between use
Private transport in a modern comfortable air-conditioned vehicle
Southampton port or hotel pick-up and drop-off in central London or Heathrow Airport
Professional local guide/driver
What's not included
Highclere Castle tickets (please purchase in advance)
Cogges Manor Farm (to be purchased onsite)
Food or refreshments
You will be asked to provide your pick-up and drop-off address during checkout and will be contacted by the local partner after booking for confirmation.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the activity begins.
Important to know
- Entrance tickets to Highclere Castle and Cogges Manor Farm are not included in the price of this tour. Please make sure to purchase tickets to Highclere Castle in advance to avoid queuing on the day. Tickets to Cogges Manor Farm can be purchased directly on the day of the tour
- Pick-up is available from Southampton Port or any Southampton hotel and drop-off in central London or Heathrow Airport
- You will be asked to provide your pick-up address during checkout and will be contacted by the local partner prior to the tour to confirm pick-up times and location
- There is a maximum of 8 people per transfer
- Please note there is a blanket cost based on a group of up to 8 people