Do this because
Explore Rotterdam while exercising
Learn about the black page in the city´s history
Listen to historical facts from your running tour guide
What to expect
The 'brandgrens' (fire- line) marks the part of Rotterdam that was completely destroyed during the bombing on 14 May 1940. It was a black page in the city’s history.
After the Second World War, Rotterdam was in ruins. An ambitious reconstruction project immediately swung into action. Rotterdam had no choice but to reinvent itself. Did it succeed? Some feel that the vibrant 1930’s city centre is lost forever. Others claim Rotterdam has rediscovered its heart.
Run through the old and new parts of the city, bringing old stories back to life in the city of today.
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
Visitor numbers are limited to reduce crowds
The experience complies with government regulations
Proof of vaccination or negative COVID test may be required, please confirm the local requirements before your visit
Running tour guide
One bottle of water
Marathon statue, Willemsplein 77, Rotterdam
Starting point for the tours is the Marathon statue at Willemsplein.
- Tours available on sundays at 9.00 am
- Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability
Rotterdam Sight running Tours
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the activity begins.
Important to know
- The route is approximately 7km and suitable for all
- A free souvenir and a bottle of water are included in the price
- Please wear running shoes and sports clothes
- It is recommended to bring a camera or phone to take pictures along the way.