Do this because
Ticket valid for a single admission to 'Baselitz, The retrospective' at the chosen time slot
Access to the permanent collection and the temporary exhibition
Access to the Kids Gallery and the View of Paris (rooftop)
What to expect
The Centre Pompidou presents the first comprehensive exhibition of the German artist. It brings together, chronologically, his masterpieces from the last six decades and reveals their most significant creative periods: from the first paintings and the Pandemonium manifesto in the early 1960s to the Heroes series, from Fractured Compositions to Patterns. Overthrown in 1969, through the successive sets of works for which the artist masterfully experiments with new pictorial techniques with varied aesthetics, nourished by references to the history of art and his intimate knowledge of the work many artists such as Edvard Munch, Otto Dix or Willem de Kooning, up to Russian Paintings and self-reflective creations "Remix" and "Time".
Baselitz, The retrospective. From 20 October 2021 to 7 March 2022, Galerie 1.
Photo Credit: Georg Baselitz, «Die Mädchen von Olmo II», 1981 © Georg Baselitz Photo © Bertrand Prévost - Centre Pompidou, Mnam-Cci / Dist. RMN-GP
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
Visitor numbers are limited to reduce crowds
The experience complies with government regulations
Social distancing is enforced
Areas frequented by visitors are regularly disinfected
Hand sanitizers are provided for staff and visitors
All gear/equipment is sanitized between use
Visitors are required to bring and wear masks
Guides and all other staff are required to wear masks
Visitors over 18 must show their ID and proof of one of the following: a full vaccination or first vaccination (this requirement varies depending on the country) received at least 15 days prior, recovery from a COVID-19 infection in the past 6 months, or a negative result from a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 48 hours before the experience starts. This may also apply to those aged 12 and above
Centre Pompidou, Place Georges-Pompidou 75004 Paris
Don't queue at the ticket office: show your ticket at the entrance to the Center Pompidou. Take the line 'Visiteurs avec billet' (visitors with tickets).
- Until 7 March 2022
From 11.00 am to 7.30 pm (until 9.30 pm on Thursdays)
Several time slots are available during the day, please select your entry time when booking
Important to know
- The ticket is valid for a single admission to the exhibition 'Baselitz, The retrospective' at the chosen time slot
- Entry to the exhibition within 30 minutes following the selected time slot is guaranteed. In case of a delayed arrival, speedy access won't be assured
- The slots indicated correspond to the times available on this network
- Access to all exhibitions, the museum, the Kids Gallery and the View of Paris for the rest of the day
- In the context of the health crisis, all visitors, including members and beneficiaries of free admission, must reserve a time slot to access the exhibitions and the museum
- Access to the Centre Pompidou is prohibited to visitors with large items of luggage. These are not accepted in the cloakroom
- €1 booking fee is added at check-out
- Tickets are not exchangeable, nor refundable