Do this because
Enjoy a visit to the official residence of Her Majesty The Queen
Follow a self-guided multimedia tour through Windsor Castle
Explore the largest occupied castle in the world
Admire paintings by Old Masters, and English and French furniture
What to expect
Windsor Castle is famous all around the world as the official residence of Her Majesty The Queen. Enjoy a self-guided tour through the historic Castle and the State Apartments. You will see art pieces, porcelain, and beautiful English and French furniture from the Royal Collection. From September to March, you can explore the Semi-State apartments that served as private rooms of George IV.
The castle has been home to the British Royal family for a thousand years and its lands stretch over 10.5 hectares. Enter the castle with your tickets and follow the self-guided multimedia tour through the castle. Follow the instructions on where to walk to and listen to the interesting facts and insider stories. Pass through St George's Chapel where the wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle took place. Admire the stunning pieces of art by Holbein, Rubens, and Van Dyck as well as other great pieces of art part of the Royal Collection.
The largest occupied castle in the world has been home to 39 monarchs. The castle is a must-visit and an impressive sight to see. With the self-guided audio tour, you have the opportunity to choose your own pace while admiring the various rooms and objects used by royalty throughout the ages.
From 7 July to 26 September 2022 you can enjoy the special exhibition 'Platinum Jubilee: The Queen’s Coronation at Windsor Castle. Admire the magnificent Coronation dress The Queen wore back in 1953. Both the dress and the Robe of Estate are on display with background information on these incredible pieces of design. Discover facts such as how the Robe of Estate took more than 3500 hours to complete.
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
Visitor numbers are limited to reduce crowds
The experience complies with government regulations
Social distancing is enforced
Areas frequented by visitors are regularly disinfected
Hand sanitizers are provided for staff and visitors
All gear/equipment is sanitized between use
Entry to Windsor Castle
Multimedia guide in 11 languages
Windsor Castle, Windsor, UK
Royal Collection Trust
Important to know
- Please note you will need to print out the voucher and redeem your ticket at the front desk
- Please visit www.rct.uk link where you can find out more information on opening times, closure dates and additional onsite instructions
- Opening times may change at short notice as the palace is an official working palace. You can check actual opening times and closure updates at the local operator (Royal Collection Trust) website: https://www.rct.uk/travel-trade-and-groups/tour-planning
- The multimedia guide is available in the following languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Mandarin Chinese, BSL (British Sign Language)
- At checkout, you will select the language of your choice for the multimedia guide
- The time slot you select at checkout is the time slot of your visit
During the winter months an additional five rooms, known collectively as the Semi-State Rooms, are included in the visitor route. These rooms will be open to the public from October 2022 to March 2023 and standard admission charges apply. Please note that when the State Apartments are closed,the Semi-State Rooms will not be open