Do this because
Immerse yourself in the history of the D-Day in Utah beach
Visit the famous Utah Beach Museum focuses on the American invasion
Discover Sainte Mère Eglise, the famous village during the American Airborne Landing
Explore the Airborne Museum to understand what the paratroopers experienced
What to expect
Enjoy a full day dedicated to the memory of the heroes of the last world war but also a charming visit of this Normandy region famous for producing cider, calvados liquor, the unrivaled Camembert cheese, and historical medieval cities!
En route, you will discover the unique variety of landscape which is Normandy’s most striking features called: le Bocage Normand.
Your full-day guided tour will start with visiting the site of Utah beach, one of the US landing beaches in Normandy.
Explore the fascinating Utah Beach Museum and learn about the story of D-Day, from its preparation to its success. Admire the many fully restored military artifacts such as an impressive craft, a B26 bomber, of which there are only a few copies in the world. During your visit, you will also relive the epic experience of American soldiers through a 15-minute film "Victory in the Sand" awarded as the best museum documentary.
After your visit, you will not only understand the strategic choice and the reason for the success of Utah Beach but also the role and importance of the Normandy landings in the overall context of the Second World War.
Afterward, you'll visit one of the key towns in the area that is to say Sainte-Mère Eglise famous for John Steele the American paratrooper who remained hanging from the steeple of the church of this little village on D-day. You will discover that Sainte-Mère Eglise is also home to a fantastic Airborne Museum!
During the visit to the Airborne Museum, you'll have a much better understanding of what paratroopers faced on D-Day.
If the time allows you will either pay a visit to the site of La Pointe du Hoc where 225 Rangers have climbed the cliff to destroy the German batteries.
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
Visitor numbers are limited to reduce crowds
The experience complies with government regulations
Social distancing is enforced
Areas frequented by visitors are regularly disinfected
Hand sanitizers are provided for staff and visitors
All gear/equipment is sanitized between use
Visitors are required to bring and wear masks
Guides and all other staff are required to wear masks
Visitors over 18 must show their ID and proof of one of the following: a full vaccination or first vaccination (this requirement varies depending on the country) received at least 15 days prior, recovery from a COVID-19 infection in the past 6 months, or a negative result from a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 48 hours before the experience starts. This may also apply to those aged 12 and above
Transport by air-conditioned private vehicle
Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's not included
- Our experienced licensed driver-guides trained by us will come to pick you up at your hotel to guide you all along the tour you have chosen and will provide all the necessary information you want to have
- From February until November 2020
- Every day at 7.00 am
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 2 days before the activity begins., Receive a 50% refund if you cancel up to 1 day before the activity begins.
Important to know
- Visit of the landing beaches sites (Sword Beach, Juno Beach, Gold Beach and Omaha Beach) depending on the weather and the traffic
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION: please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking.
- Pick-up at the hotel starts at 7.00 am
- All reservations must be for a minimum of 2 persons. IMPORTANT: A reservation for one person when available will have to pay for 2
- The tour is operated with deluxe Mercedes 6 or 8 seated brand new air-conditioned Minivan V Class with Glassed panoramic roof and S Class with licensed driver-guide
- Tours are available in English and Spanish (tours in another language on request)
- Please wear appropriate shoes and clothes