Do this because
Explore Amsterdams old Jewish neighborhood at your own pace
Marvel at the ancient Jewish craft of diamond cutting at Gassan Diamonds
Receive a glass of Champagne during the tour and a brilliant gift afterwards at Gassan Diamonds
What to expect
Walk through the old Jewish neighborhood of Amsterdam where magnificent synagogues, striking buildings and impressive memorials dominate the streetscape. At its heart is the Jewish Cultural Quarter with its landmark buildings. Here, you can travel back in time to the days of Amsterdam’s Golden Age by visiting the Portuguese Synagogue or find out all about Jewish culture and history in the Jewish Historical Museum and the Children's Museum.
Gassan Diamonds, a family-owned company, is located in a formerly steam-driven diamond factory in the center of Amsterdam. Take a guided tour of this historical diamond factory. The multilingual staff will explain the various stages of diamond polishing. Observe skilled craftsmen at work as they transform the most precious crystal known to man into dazzling ready-to-wear brilliants. After the tour, browse through the extensive jewelry and watch collection in the boutique. By presenting your Jewish Cultural Quarter combi ticket, you will be served a glass of Champagne during the tour and afterwards, receive a brilliant gift.
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
Visitor numbers are limited to reduce crowds
The experience complies with government regulations
Social distancing is enforced
Proof of vaccination or negative COVID test may be required, please confirm the local requirements before your visit
Admission to Gassan Diamonds
Multilingual audio tour at the Jewish Cultural Quarter
Guided multilingual tour at Gassan Diamonds
A glass of Champagne during the tour and a brilliant gift afterwards at Gassan Diamonds
Admission to all locations and exhibitions in the Jewish Cultural Quarter
Admission to the Portuguese Synagogue (closed on Saturdays and Jewish holidays)
What's not included
Guided tour in the Jewish Cultural Quarter
Nieuwe Uilenburgerstraat 173-175, 1011 LN Amsterdam, Netherlands
Jewish Cultural Quarter: Use your time slot entry ticket to access the Jewish Cultural Quarter beginning at Gassan Diamonds (Nieuwe Uilenburgerstraat 173-175). Then continue to the Portuguese Synagogue (Mr. Visserplein 3), the Jewish Historical Museum & Children's Museum (Nieuwe Amstelstraat 1) and the National Holocaust Memorial (Plantage Middenlaan 24)
- Available daily
- Please note, Amsterdam's Portuguese Synagogue is closed on Saturdays and Jewish holidays
Jewish Cultural Quarter
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 1 hour before the activity begins.
Important to know
- The National Holocaust Museum and National Holocaust Memorial (Hollandsche Schouwburg) are currently closed for reconstruction. Both locations are expected to re-open in late 2022.
- In the Portuguese Synagogue and the Jewish Historical Museum an audio guide is available in English, Dutch, Portuguese, Italian, Spanish, Hebrew, German and French
- Tours at Gassan Diamonds are offered in Dutch, English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Mandarin, Cantonese, Thai and Indonesian. (Subject to availability)
- Bring your own headphones or earphones to listen to the audio tour
- Didn't see it all in one day? Your ticket is valid for 1 month after its first use
- Make sure you visit the first location at the time stated on the time-slot entry ticket then it is free to visit the other locations within one month