Do this because
Experience an active day walking or cycling for 20 or 40 km
Enjoy a lunch package including sandwiches, spreads, fruit and a drink
Explore the Dutch scenery on a tour to Katwoude and Volendam
Take a tour inside a real Dutch cheese and clog factory
What to expect
Enjoy the Dutch scenery on a walk or bike ride from 20 or 40 Km, including lunch and a tour inside a real cheese and clog factory.
Head out of The Simonehoeve to explore the beautiful surroundings of Katwoude and Volendam on a walking or cycling route. Take a break along the way to savor an extensive lunch package consisting of various types of sandwiches, spreads, fruit, and a drink.
Upon your return, you will get a free tour of the real Dutch cheese and clog factory De Simonehoeve!
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
Visitor numbers are limited to reduce crowds
The experience complies with government regulations
Proof of vaccination or negative COVID test may be required, please confirm the local requirements before your visit
Self-guided bike tour or walking tour
Extensive packed lunch
Tour of the Simonehoeve
What’s not included
Wagenweg 2, 1145 PW Katwoude, Netherlands
Begin your experience at the Simonehoeve traditional cheese farm and clog factory. The Cheesefarm and Clog Factory can be recognized by the mini-windmill. Present your voucher at the entrance.
Traveling from Amsterdam? Take bus 316 from Amsterdam CS (IJzijde) - Tickets can be bought at the station or from the bus driver for €10 (cash is not accepted). You will find Simonehoeve a couple of meters from bus stop for 'Hotel Volendam'.
Traveling by car? You will find Simonehoeve next to Hotel Volendam. At the roundabout, Amsterdam-Edam-Volendam take the Volendam direction (right) and then immediately turn right again.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the activity begins.
Important to know
- This activity is not accompanied by a guide, guests can carry out the bike or walking tour themselves with the route description
- This tour requires a minimum of two people
- Maximum of four guests per tour group
- Tours are available daily every hour from 11.00am to 2.00pm
- De Simonehoeve opening hours: April till October from 9.00am to 6.00pm; November till March from 9.00am to 5.00pm
- Please advise the tour operator if you have any food allergies, during the booking process
- The bike rental is not included in the price
- Infants (age 0-3) participate for free