Do this because
Visit the prehistoric stone circle known as Stonehenge
Enjoy a visit to the delightful town of Salisbury
Marvel at the famous cathedral with Britain’s tallest spire
What to expect
Meet your professional driver guide in Southampton and relax in the comfort of an air-conditional vehicle as you take off for your private day tour. You’ll start the day travelling to Salisbury and when you arrive, you'll get to enjoy a walking tour of the city with its many charming timber-framed houses.
After the walking tour of the city, explore over 800 years of history at Salisbury Cathedral, one of the UK’s most iconic medieval buildings. The cathedral is a magnificent example of early English Gothic architecture with fascinating treasures including the original 1215 Magna Carta, one of only four in the world. You'll also get to see Britain’s tallest spire and the world’s oldest working mechanical clock. It really is a special sight!
After a quick lunch, you'll drive on to the prehistoric stone circle of Stonehenge where your guide will tell you all about its history and ancient beliefs associated to this mysterious place. Stonehenge was built thousands of years ago but its true purpose remains a mystery even today.
You'll then drive back to Southampton.
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
Visitor numbers are limited to reduce crowds
The experience complies with government regulations
Social distancing is enforced
Areas frequented by visitors are regularly disinfected
Hand sanitizers are provided for staff and visitors
All gear/equipment is sanitised between use
Professional local guide/driver
Transportation in a modern comfortable air-conditioned vehicle
Southampton hotel/port pick-up and drop-off
Guided tour of Salisbury
What’s not included
Stonehenge tickets (please purchase in advance)
Salisbury Cathedral tickets (to be purchased onsite)
Food or drinks
You will be asked to provide your pick-up address during checkout and will be contacted by the local partner after booking for confirmation.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the activity begins.
Important to know
- Entrance tickets to Stonehenge and Salisbury Cathedral are not included in the price of this tour. Please make sure to purchase tickets to Stonehenge in advance to avoid queuing on the day. Tickets to Salisbury Cathedral can be purchased directly on the day of the tour
- Pick-up is available from central Southampton, Southampton port or any Southampton hotel
- You will be asked to provide your pick-up address during checkout and will be contacted by the local partner prior to the tour to confirm pick-up times and location
- There is a maximum of 8 people per transfer
- Please note there is a blanket cost based on a group of up to 8 people