Do this because
Immerse yourself in the world of Downton Abbey and visit real-life filming locations
Visit Bampton, the village featured as Downton and Cogges Manor Farm
Admire the magnificent Highclere Castle which became the real Downton Abbey
What to expect
Meet your professional driver guide at Southampton and relax in the comfort of an air-conditioned vehicle. You'll start the day by travelling to the Oxfordshire countryside, where much of Downton Abbey was filmed. The first stop of this tour will be at Bampton, a charming Cotswolds village that was used as the village of Downton. You'll get to enjoy a walking tour with your guide of the village's most recognizable film sites.
Then, you'll continue to Cogges Manor Farm which was used as Yew Tree Farm in the hit British TV series. Here, you'll explore some more locations featured in the film and enjoy a short lunch stop in the cafe. After lunch, you'll travel to Highclere Castle, arguably the most famous Downton Abbey site. Immerse yourself in the world of the Crawley family as you walk around, building a picture of what real life was like here more than 100 years ago in the era of Downton Abbey.
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
Visitor numbers are limited to reduce crowds
The experience complies with government regulations
Social distancing is enforced
Areas frequented by visitors are regularly disinfected
Hand sanitizers are provided for staff and visitors
All gear/equipment is sanitised between use
Professional local guide/driver
Transportation in a modern comfortable air-conditioned vehicle
Southampton hotel/port pick-up and drop-off
What’s not included
Highclere Castle tickets (please purchase in advance)
Cogges Manor Farm (to be purchased onsite)
Food or drinks
Pick-up is available from central Southampton, Southampton port or any Southampton hotel. You will be asked to provide your pick-up address during checkout and will be contacted by the local partner for confirmation.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the activity begins.
Important to know
- Entrance tickets to Highclere Castle and Cogges Manor Farm are not included in the price of this tour. Please make sure to purchase tickets to Highclere Castle in advance to avoid queuing on the day. Tickets to Cogges Manor Farm can be purchased directly on the day of the tour
- Pick-up is available from central Southampton, Southampton port or any Southampton hotel
- You will be asked to provide your pick-up address during checkout and will be contacted by the local partner prior to the tour to confirm pick-up times and location
- There is a maximum of 8 people per tour
- Please note there is a blanket cost based on a group of up to 8 people