Do this because
See Stonehenge, one of the world's most iconic prehistoric structures
Explore the Visitors Center and learn the history behind the site
Discover the mysteries which shroud these ancient stones
What to expect
Your timed admission ticket to Stonehenge gives you access to one of the world's most fascinating prehistoric sites as well as entry to the visitor center, which displays hundreds of prehistoric objects found in the vicinity of Stonehenge.
This stone-circle-shaped structure is a UNESCO World Heritage site dating back to the Neolithic era. It is believed to have been built around 2500 BC, though no one knows exactly for what, a mystery that attracts thousands of visitors each year. While the reason for which Stonehenge was built is still up for debate, historians and archaeologists have put forth a few theories and speculations which you can discover at the Visitor Center.
In addition, the new outdoor gallery showcases several reconstructed Neolithic houses designed to offer some insight into the Neolithic lifestyle of the individuals who constructed this masterpiece of engineering.
All photos by English Heritage
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
Visitor numbers are limited to reduce crowds
The experience complies with government regulations
Social distancing is enforced
Areas frequented by visitors are regularly disinfected
Hand sanitizers are provided for staff and visitors
All gear/equipment is sanitised between use
Entry to Stonehenge (timed entry ticket)
Stonehenge Visitor Center, Amesbury, Wiltshire SP4 7DE
Please show your voucher at the Stonehenge Visitor Center's General Admission upon arrival to exchange your voucher for a ticket.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the activity begins.
Important to know
- Admission to Stonehenge is now managed through timed tickets so advance booking is strongly recommended as it's the only way to guarantee entry on the day and at the time of your choice
- Please try to arrive on time for your chosen time slot as late arrivals could result in not being able to enter or being asked to wait until the next time slot available where numbers are lower
- You can download the Stonehenge Audio Tour app before the day of the tour to download a free audio guide (over 10 languages available)
- Parking is available on site and is free to English Heritage members and Stonehenge ticket holders
- Bus access: The Stonehenge Tour Bus is the public bus departing from Salisbury rail and bus stations