Do this because
Experience a skip-the-line guided tour of the Palace and Gardens of Versailles
Discover the reckless extravagance of the French monarchy with your English guide
Choose between two wonderful shows: the Versailles Fountain or the Musical Gardens shows
Take the chance to explore the Palace of Versailles while it is less crowded on a more exclusive visit
What to expect
There is a certain magic that fizzes through the air at the Palace and Gardens of Versailles. Hidden away from the modern world, this majestic European castle on the outskirts of Paris is a perfectly preserved example of the reckless extravagance of the French monarchy. This is Paris life at its most luxurious and just as you imagined it with gold brushed furniture, quilted four-poster beds and lush rolling lawns that stretch as far as the eye can see.
You’ll meet your guide in Versailles where they’ll begin a tour of the Gardens and Palace of Versailles. With a maximum of 25 people per group, your tour of Versailles will be intimate, unhurried and enjoyable. Thanks to your pre-booked entrance to Versailles, you'll skip the queues and head into the palace with your guide to explore each stunning room and the history it holds. Prepare to marvel at the sheer size of the Palace of Versailles as you work your way through the highlights of the castle, checking out the Chapel, the Hall of Mirrors and more before moving outside into the gardens. Boasting over 1,800 acres, these spectacular, manicured gardens are well worth a visit!
If you want to make your visit to Versailles extra special, book your visit on one of the days that the famous Versailles Fountain Show or Musical Gardens is running (check the dates in the When section). The Versailles Fountain Show is a wonderful musical event held in the exclusive groves, designed by André Le Nôtre. Watch fountains erupt to the sounds of a cello at the Fountain Show or just be enchanted by the simple beauty of classical music played in beautiful surroundings during the Musical Gardens event.
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
Visitor numbers are limited to reduce crowds
The experience complies with government regulations
Social distancing is enforced
Areas frequented by visitors are regularly disinfected
Hand sanitizers are provided for staff and visitors
All gear/equipment is sanitised between use
Visitors are required to bring and wear masks
Guides and all other staff are required to wear masks
Visitors over 18 must show their ID and proof of one of the following: a full vaccination or first vaccination (this requirement varies depending on the country) received at least 15 days prior, recovery from a COVID-19 infection in the past 6 months, or a negative result from a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 48 hours before the experience starts. This may also apply to those aged 12 and above
Entrance tickets and reservation fee for the Château de Versailles
Small groups of 25 people or fewer
Expert, English tour guide
Headsets when appropriate
What’s not included
Place d'Armes, 78000 Versailles
Meet your guide 15 minutes before departure time by the statue of Louis XIV (the bronze horseman statue in the Place d'Armes, the square in front of the palace). Take the RER C to Versailles Château Rive Gauche. On exiting the station follow the signs for the Palace of the Versailles. The statue is directly in front of the Palace. Your CityWonders representative will be holding a sign at the meeting point for easy recognition.
Guided tour with no show option:
- 01/11/2020 - 31/03/2021: Tuesday, Saturday, Sunday at 10.30am
Guided tour and musical gardens option:
- 01/04/2021 - 31/10/2021: Tuesday at 10.30am
Guided tour and fountain show option:
- 01/04/2021 - 31/10/2021: Saturday, Sunday at 9.30am
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 1 day before the activity begins.
Important to know
- Please note that from July 21st 2021, all public venues in France will require visitors above the age of 12 years old to present a 'Health Pass' and a valid ID, proving that you are fully vaccinated (with an EMA-approved vaccine), OR that you have been tested (PCR or antigen) with a negative result within the last 24 hours, OR that you have recovered from COVID-19, attested by a PCR or antigen test result, at least 15 days and no more than 6 months old. Passes can be digital or in paper form (proof of vaccination or test result). They must be presented in English or French
- Please note that all visitors over the age of 11 will be required to wear a mask in the museum, please make sure to bring your own mask to the meeting point or access will be denied
- Social distancing rules and preventive measures must be respected inside the museum
- This service ends at the Palace of Versailles
- We may experience delays in entering the venue due to extra security checks
- Avoid bringing large purses, bags, or backpacks
- Comfortable shoes are recommended
- Not accessible to guests with wheelchairs, strollers or baby carriages
- Photography is permitted throughout the tour (no flash inside the Palace).
- Musical Gardens and Fountain show may be subject to last-minute schedule changes that are not under our control
- Please note that on some days your guide will come from Paris with the other part of the group, he might get to the meeting point a few minutes late. Please wait at the meeting point.