Do this because
What to expect
A must-visit in Lyon, the Musée des Confluences tells the history of man and living things. A first among European museums, it sets up a dialogue between all sciences to better understand the world.
At the heart of remarkable installations, let yourself be guided through time and continents and surprised by the beauty of the collections: meteorites, camarasaurus, hummingbirds, Sapiens, microscopes, Siberian tigers, Sputnik, Samurai armors...
Until August 28th 2022 don't miss the temporary exhibition "On the trail of the Sioux", a collection of travel diaries, paintings, shows and films have shaped the collective imaginary surrounding North American indigenous populations. Tepees, feathers, bison, peace pipe, arrow, tomahawk, headdress... Look back at the long construction process of this iconography that you'll find out was mainly inspired by the Sioux people.
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
Visitor numbers are limited to reduce crowds
The experience complies with government regulations
Social distancing is enforced
Areas frequented by visitors are regularly disinfected
Hand sanitizers are provided for staff and visitors
All gear/equipment is sanitised between use
Visitors are required to bring and wear masks
Guides and all other staff are required to wear masks
Visitors over 18 must show their ID and proof of one of the following: a full vaccination or first vaccination (this requirement varies depending on the country) received at least 15 days prior, recovery from a COVID-19 infection in the past 6 months, or a negative result from a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 48 hours before the experience starts. This may also apply to those aged 12 and above
86 Quai Perrache, Lyon, France
- Go directly to the main entrance (Cristal), Confluences Museum, 86 quai Perrache
- Group entrance (-1 side in front of the square): groups, visitors with reduced mobility, elderly people, strollers
musée des Confluences
Important to know
- Visitors under 13 years of age must be accompanied by an adult (18+)
- You can download the free visit assistance application from the Musée des Confluences to help you discover the collections, for everyone from 13 years old. ( You will find the link after your booking) available in English, Italian, German and Spanish
- For groups of more than 10 people, booking directly with the museum is obligatory
- Photo credit : © Antoine Merlet | © Q.Lafont | © Olivier Guerrin | © Jules roeser| © Stofleth | © Maxime Brochier