Think Travel. Think TUI. At TUI we create unforgettable moments for customers across the world and make their dreams come true. Looking after the personal data you share with us is an important part of this. We want you to be confident that your data is safe and secure with us, and understand how we use it to offer you a better and more unique and inspiring experience. See the TUI Group website for more information about us.
The data controller is Musement S.p.A., with registered office in via Polesine, 13 - 20139 - Milano, Italy – Reg No. 07978000961, REA MI 1995020, (referred to in this Notice as “we” or “us”), part of the TUI Group.
- What types of personal data we collect and why we collect it.
- When and how we may share personal data within the TUI Group and with other organisations.
- The choices you have, including how to access and update your personal data.
We have tried to keep this Policy as simple as possible, but if you are not familiar with terms such as data controller, special categories of personal data, then read about these and some others in Key terms.
Personal data we collect
When you register for any of our services, you may provide us with:
- Your personal details, including but not limited to your address, email address, phone number and date of birth.
- Your account login details, such as your username and the password you chose.
When you buy on our website or use our mobile apps, we may collect:
- Passenger information, passport details, other ID document details.
- Travel preferences and insurance details.
- Relevant medical data and any special, dietary, religious or disability requests.
- Information about your purchases, including what you bought, when and where you bought it, how you paid for it and credit or other payment information.
- Information about your browsing behaviour on our websites and mobile apps.
- Information about when you click on one of our adverts, including those shown on other organisations’ websites.
- Information about the way you access our digital services, including operating system, IP address and browser details.
- Social preferences, interests and activities.
When you contact us or we contact you or you take part in promotions, competitions, surveys or questionnaires about our services, we may collect:
- Personal data you provide when you connect with us, including by email, post and phone or through social media, such as your name, username and contact details.
- Details of emails and other digital communications we send to you that you open, including any links in them that you click on.
- Your feedback and contributions to customer surveys and questionnaires.
Other sources of personal data
- We may use personal data from other sources, such as specialist companies that supply information, retail partners and public registers.
- Your insurance company, their agents and medical staff may exchange relevant personal data and special categories of personal data with us in circumstances where we/they need to act on your behalf or in the interest of other customers or in an emergency.
- If you log-in using your social network credentials e.g. Facebook, Google+ and Twitter, you will agree to share your user details with us. For example, your name, email address, date of birth, location and any other information you choose to share with us.
- We may use CCTV images collected in or around our shops, premises and other buildings.
Personal data you provide about other individuals
- We use personal data about other individuals provided by you, such as those people on your booking.
- By providing other people’s personal data, you must be sure that they agree to this and you are allowed to provide it. You should also ensure that, where appropriate, they understand how their personal data may be used by us.
Using your personal data
We use your personal data in a variety of ways, as explained below.
To provide the products and services you request
We need to process your personal data so that we can manage your account or booking, provide you with the products and services you want to buy and help you with any orders and refunds you may ask for.
To manage and improve our products, services and day-to-day operations
We use personal data to manage and improve our products, websites, mobile apps, customer loyalty or recognition programme(s) and other services.
We monitor how our services are used to help protect your personal data, detect and prevent fraud, other crimes and the misuse of services. This helps us to make sure that you can safely use our services.
We may use personal data to respond to and to manage security operations, accidents or other similar incidents, including medical and insurance purposes.
We use personal data to carry out market research and internal research and development, and to develop and improve our product range, services, shops, IT systems, security, know-how and the way we communicate with you.
We use CCTV images to help maintain the safety of anyone working in or visiting our shops, premises and other buildings, and for the prevention, detection and prosecution of criminal offences. We may also rely on the images to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
To personalise your experience
We want to ensure that marketing communications relating to our products and services, and those of our suppliers, retail partners and the TUI Group, including online advertising, are relevant to your interests.
To do this, we may use your personal data to better understand your interests so that we can try to predict what other products, services and information you might be most interested in. This enables us to tailor our communications to make them more relevant and interesting for you.
Looking at your browsing behaviour and purchases helps us to better understand you as a customer and it allows us to provide you with personalised offers and services.
We may also measure your responses to marketing communications relating to products and services we offer, which enables us to offer you products and services that better meet your needs as a customer.
If you do not want to receive a personalised service from us, you can change your preference online, over the phone or in writing at any time. We will update our records as soon as we can.
To make contact and interact with you
We want to serve you better as a customer so if you contact us, for example by email, post, and phone or via social media, we may use personal data to provide clarification or assistance to you.
We need to process your personal data so that we can manage any promotions and competitions you choose to enter, including those we run with our suppliers and retail partners. For example, if you win a prize.
We may invite you to take part in customer surveys, questionnaires and other market research activities carried out by the TUI Group and by other organisations on our behalf.
To help us to better understand you as a customer, and to be able to provide you with services and marketing communications (including online advertising relevant to your interests), we may combine the personal data we collect when you make purchases in-shop with personal data collected from our websites, mobile apps and other sources.
From time to time we may send you relevant offers and news about our products and services in a number of ways, including by email. We may also send you information about other companies’ products and services that we believe may be of interest to you. We will only do this if you previously agreed to receive these marketing communications.
When you book or register with us we will ask if you would like to receive marketing communications. You can change your marketing preferences online, over the phone or in writing at any time. Of course, the choice is entirely yours, but if you say you do not want to receive marketing information from us this will prevent you from receiving great offers or promotions that may be of interest to you.
You may still receive service-related communications from us. For example, confirming bookings you make with us and providing important information about the use of our products or services.
We like to hear your views to help us to improve our products and services, so we may contact you for market research purposes. You always have the choice about whether to take part in our market research.
Sharing personal data with suppliers and retail partners
In order to provide products or services requested by you we may share personal data with suppliers of your travel arrangements, including airlines, hotels and transport companies.
We also work with carefully selected suppliers that carry out certain functions on our behalf. For example, companies that help us with IT services, storing and combining data, marketing, market research, processing payments and delivering products and services.
We may need to share personal data to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; this includes providing personal data to others for the purposes of preventing fraud and reducing credit risk.
When we share personal data with other organisations we require them to keep it safe, and they must not use your personal data for their own marketing purposes.
We only share the minimum personal data that enable our suppliers and retail partners to provide their services to you and us.
Sharing personal data with regulatory authorities
So that you can travel, it may be mandatory (as required by government authorities at the point(s) of departure and/or destination) to disclose and process your personal data for immigration, border control, security and anti-terrorism purposes, or any other purposes which they determine appropriate.
We may share the minimum personal data necessary with other public authorities if the law says we must, or we are legally allowed to do so.
Sharing personal data within the TUI Group
We may also share personal data with an organisation we sell or transfer (or enter into negotiations to sell or transfer) any of our businesses or any of our rights or obligations under any agreement we may have with you. If the transfer or sale goes ahead, the organisation receiving your personal data can use your data in the same way as us.
Protecting your personal data
We know how important it is to protect and manage your personal data. We take appropriate security measures to help protect your personal data from accidental loss and from unauthorised access, use, alteration and disclosure.
The security of your data also depends on you. For example, where we have given you or where you have chosen a password for access to certain services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
The personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by organisations operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. We put in place appropriate protections to make sure your personal data remains adequately protected and that it is treated in line with this Policy. These protections include, but are not limited to, appropriate contract clauses, such as standard contract clauses approved by the European Commission, and appropriate security measures.
About cookies and similar technologies
Links to other websites
Our websites or mobile apps may contain links to websites operated by other organisations that have their own privacy notices. Please make sure you read the terms and conditions and privacy notice carefully before providing any personal data on another organisation’s website as we do not accept any responsibility or liability for websites of other organisations.
Social media features
Our websites or mobile apps may contain social media features such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Pinterest that have their own privacy notices.