Do this because
Enjoy an interactive, self-guided tour of the original Heineken factory
Learn how this world-famous beer used to be made
Relax on an Amsterdam Canal Cruise
See the city's iconic highlights
What to expect
Experience two of the best things to do in Amsterdam on a visit to the Heineken Experience and a fun boat trip through the famous canals are essential to the complete Amsterdam experience.
Enjoy an interactive, self-guided tour of the original Heineken factory and learn how this world-famous beer used to be made. Afterward, discover the beautiful historic canal district and see some of the city’s most iconic landmarks.
The Heineken Experience is one of the city’s top attractions. This impressive old factory, where all of the brand’s beer was made until 1988, now houses a state-of-the-art museum which offers an exclusive, behind-the-scenes tour of the original facilities. You’ll see the gigantic copper tanks where the lager was brewed, enjoy a Heineken tasting session and even test your skills at drafting the perfect beer.
Then relax on an Amsterdam Canal Cruise! The old city center, characterized by its picturesque canals and beautiful 17th-century architecture, is a must see during your vacation. The one-hour Canal Cruise will show you some of the city’s most iconic landmarks. Some of the highlights of the Amsterdam Canal Cruise include the Westerkerk church, the Magere Brug (‘Skinny Bridge’) on the Amstel river and the charming neighborhood of Negen Straatjes (‘Nine Streets’).
This combo also includes fast-track admission to the Heineken Experience, so you will not only save money but also time at the entrance. Don’t miss this great value opportunity and book your tickets now!
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
The experience complies with government regulations
Areas frequented by visitors are regularly disinfected
Visitors are required to bring and wear masks
Visitors over 18 must show their ID and proof of one of the following: a full vaccination or first vaccination (this requirement varies depending on the country) received at least 15 days prior, recovery from a COVID-19 infection in the past 6 months, or a negative result from a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 48 hours before the experience starts. This may also apply to those aged 12 and above
Proof of vaccination or negative COVID test may be required, please confirm the local requirements before your visit
GPS audio guide in several languages available (Amsterdam Canal Cruise)
Fast-track admission to the Heineken Experience
1 free beers or soft drinks (Heineken Experience)
Stadhouderskade 78, 1072 AE Amsterdam, Netherlands
Heineken Experience: Show your (smartphone) ticket when entering the attraction at your booked time-slot at Stadhouderskade 78.
Canal Cruise: You must choose your timeslot at the operators store located in Damrak 26 as soon as possible - after your arrival in Amsterdam.
Important to know
- Heineken Experience is available by time-slot entry
- 1 free drinks are included in the Heineken Experience tour
- Visitors to Heineken Experience must be at least 18 years old
- A visit to the Heineken Experience typically lasts one and a half hours
- GPS audio guide is available onboard the cruise in 19 languages: Spanish, Thai, Turkish, Catalan, Chinese, Dutch, English, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Arabic, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Korean
- Amsterdam Canal Cruise: You must choose your timeslot at the operators store located in Damrak 26 as soon as possible - after your arrival in Amsterdam.
- Summer season (19 March - 18 October): Daily every 15 minutes from 09.00am - 10.00pm
- Winter season (4 November - 18 March): Daily every 30 minutes from 09.30am - 9.30pm