Explore the Venice of the North on this perfect combination tour, including a 2.5-hour walking tour through the city center with a 1-hour canal cruise in Amsterdam.
With an expert guide, you’ll experience the history of this city, from its start as a muddy village on the River Amstel, to the wild history of prostitution and drug decriminalization to the tragedy of Anne Frank’s story and Nazi occupation, the aim is to give you a perfect introduction to this city.
While the canal cruise route will take you through the principal canals including Amstel River and seven bridges. You can’t truly experience the city without getting to know its waterways!
During the tour you will see:
- Visit the heart of the city at Dam Square where we will see The Royal Palace, The New Church and The National Monument
- The Oudekerk (The Old Church) in the middle of the Red Light District
- Walk through the Chinese Quarter where we will find the Buddhist Temple of Amsterdam
- See the new market and The San Anton Gate just close to the Chinese Quarter
- Hear about Jewish history in Amsterdam and the World War II
- At Spui Square you will visit the Begijnhof´s gardens
- Flower Market
- Visit The Amsterdam Museum
- Step inside one of the highest places in Amsterdam (hehe...)
- Learn about the Westerkerk, Anna Frank House and The Homomonument