Discover Aix-en-Provence with this 3.5-hour food tour. Food is the best way to get into the city's culture, and Aix-en-Provence has a lot to offer. Taste the delicious local specialties, and smell the perfume of Provence herbs! Here is a list of what you are possibly going to taste:
- Olive oil experience – taste different olive oils and find out which one of the “liquid gold” will please the most your palate. Olive oil is one of the Mediterranean gastronomy pillars and a real treat to immerse you in the culinary tradition.
- Tapenade tasting – this provencal recipe is based on olives and capers. Usually spread on bread or toast, the black or green tapenade is definitely “ the not to be missed” during a south of France trip.
- Delicatessen - what would Aix be without the food influence of its Corsican population? Discover the delicious delicatessen directly sourced from the best producers of the “Island of Beauty”.
- Crop poulet à la truffle – thanks to its climate and soils favorable to the development of the fungus, Provence is home to a delicious truffle. Taste this delicious recipe of Truffle Chicken in a charming “french atmosphere”.
- Tarte tropézienne - In one of the most famous pastries shops in the region, existing since 1954, you are going to taste its specialty, the Tarte Tropézienne. A cake made from a sugar brioche, filled with cream.
- Calisson – Try small almond-shaped pastries while being intrigued by the legend of a jewel of Aix: the calisson!